News Twitch Streamer JustaMinx banned for saying “simp” live on Stream

Clout

Trophies
Twitch recently updated its terms of service policy to combat the overwhelming amount of harassment and sexual comments some of the streamers on Twitch face regularly. The new terms of service policy prohibit the use of the confederate flag along with any type of unwanted sexual comments about a streamer’s appearance. People on Twitch will also not be able to use words like ‘simp’, ‘incel’, and ‘virgin’ in a derogatory manner. This also includes the use of emotes relating to these words.

This new hateful conduct and harassment policy is supposed to go live on January 22nd, 2021. But a streamer by the name JustaMinx has apparently been banned recently for saying the word “simp” during her recent Livestream.

Interesting that they'd jump the gun on enforcing bans so early, though I do suppose some context would be needed to see how the words were used...maybe she was being insulting?

They really should give warnings on this. I mean who would know that word is banned?

So "simp" is the new S-word? I agree that some context here is needed, but if she said "simp" and nothing else, that seems a little excessive.

They really should give warnings on this. I mean who would know that word is banned?
They did give out warnings, and criticized people who didn't understand them by saying that "simp" and "incel" are "expressions of harassment". Air quotes intended.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back