Twitch pulls Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ+ videos after criticism

twitch-pulls-black-lives-matter-lgbtq+-videos-after-criticism.jpg

Twitch has pulled Black Live Matter and LGBTQ+ videos after some criticism.

The streaming service published a video last weekend, in support of the gay community, and while most of its message was accurate, it concluded with, “When the G in LGBTQIA+ also stands for gamer.”

Those in the queer community weren’t too impressed.

In response, Twitch pulled the video and republished it without the offensive phrase.

This week, Twitch published a Black Lives Matter video which ran for under a minute and had only one spoken line from a Black streamer. The video featured Black streamers for 11 seconds in total.

This time, Twitch didn’t republish an amended video, but did make an apology publicly.

A statement from Twitch reads:
We hear you. Our goal was to demonstrate the importance of allyship – a message we didn’t make clear. Only by working together can we create a positive change.

I support "Black Lives Matter" but I don't support how the LGBTQ is riding on the top of the BLM funds that are generated from around the world. I honestly didn't like the way this is going. I am sure now the rich people will attack and make entire BLM and LGBTQ movement useless. They should not have gone corrupt in first place.

lol how easily offended can u get ? lighten up!

Well they fucked that right up didn't they...

Intersex and Asexuality.. They'll probably be adding all the letters in the alphabet by 2050.
Honestly, the "Q" and the "A" don't belong with the rest of the letters. It's kind of stupid to include them. The letters are all sexual identifiers, but the Q and A don't sexually identify. They don't belong with the rest of the soup.

I support "Black Lives Matter" but I don't support how the LGBTQ is riding on the top of the BLM funds that are generated from around the world. I honestly didn't like the way this is going. I am sure now the rich people will attack and make entire BLM and LGBTQ movement useless. They should not have gone corrupt in first place.
I never looked into it, but isn't it just a coincidence that pride month and BLM happened at the same time? Therefore people would support both?

On the topic: The BLM video should have had a better mix of both white & black twitch streamers. The message would have been much clearer (and more powerful) that way. Or maybe just make a "second part" with only black streamers?
The G letter thing... I get it, they should have worded it better, but it didn't feel like it was made in bad faith imo.

Not great from Twitch. Atleast they took down the content pretty quickly and resolved the issues. The BLM video was a lot worse than what they did for the Pride video though

Twitch acted fast and they did what they have to do. God damn. We all have to be careful about what we say. Joyfreak might close down if one of us says something regards to the black matter.

Even streaming games, gotta be careful what games to stream now. Might as well have all white people dead

I think at some point they were meant to get in action and do the needful. Its been getting out of hands wiht the politics of left dictating the terms of the society, websites and others. So it is necessary that twitch is taking whatever stance they can in such case.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back