Thoughts on Read Dead Redemption 2

Lifespot

Newcomer
Trophies
Has anybody played this yet and what did you think of it?

I don't find it as engaging as the first, which is disappointing as I was so looking forward to it.

I didn't really play the first game much, so haven't bothered with the sequel.

I hear they're great games, but these days I'm after something to pick-up-and-play which these don't really fit into.

No, definitely not suitable if you don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the story line.

I have never heard about this game, but my kids who are in fond pf playing and even Pokemon too. Does this game is good from small kids age under 10?

I have never heard about this game, but my kids who are in fond pf playing and even Pokemon too. Does this game is good from small kids age under 10?

I've never played the game so I can't really tell you if I think it's suitable.

I'm afraid the minimum age is 17, but of course if you don't really care and you think your kids can handle it... Why not? :)

I play Red Dead Redemption 2 and I think it's great.
I didn't play the first one but I heard such great things about the second one I had to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed.
I haven't done online yet, I've just done the main storyline with the character they give you, Arthur Morgan.

I love the storyline. There are countless different activities and quests Arthur has to do. Many of them are optional. I appreciate that you, as a player, get to decide when and if to start each mission. You also have some choices that affect the outcome of the game. The story itself is also exciting.
One thing I enjoy that surprised me about the game is all the plants and animals to discover. Each new living thing you come across you can study it and learn more about it. Even after dozens of hours playing I was still discovering new animals like armadillos or possums.
Something else I love about this game is the character development. The character you're playing, Arthur, grows as a person throughout the storyline. The NPCs he knows, like Dutch and Hosea, also change over time. I plan on playing through the story at least one more time after this because now I know more about the characters and have new insight about them when they are first introduced.

I definitely see how this wouldn't be the right game for some people, especially if someone doesn't have have much time to play through the story.
I had time to put into the game and I fell in love with it.

I haven't played it yet, although I've heard that the graphics and attention to detail are just astounding. I might check it out this coming month!

Its probably one of the best games ever with so much to do and see. I also suggest playing Red Dead Redemption the first game or at least watch a playthrough. Online is a little edgy at the moment but has potential.

I think there are lots of better game than this so I won't bother getting one.

I kept seeing people talking about this game, even though I have never played nor it, nor the first game. But I have seen the gameplay on YouTube, gotta say it's quite an original concept.

It's a great game. I mean, it's not at all a surprise really considering it's a Rockstar game. Rockstar has never messed up on a game which is why I preordered it. I finished the story and have to say, it's one of the best games that I have played in a while. The gameplay, the graphics, just everything about the game was perfect. The only problem for me is online which is just plain boring at the moment due to the lack of content.

It's a great game. I mean, it's not at all a surprise really considering it's a Rockstar game. Rockstar has never messed up on a game which is why I preordered it. I finished the story and have to say, it's one of the best games that I have played in a while. The gameplay, the graphics, just everything about the game was perfect. The only problem for me is online which is just plain boring at the moment due to the lack of content.
I didn't play neither the first or the second, but you got me excited describing it like, I may play it next.

I think Red Dead Redemption is definitely catching up with the hype. The gameplay is fantastic. And the overall plot and the strategy aspect of the game is not bad either. I have seen that some of the levels are definitely worth playing. I do however think that in next version or so we may notice change in graphics and things could be more realistic.

I don't find it as engaging as the first, which is disappointing as I was so looking forward to it.

I never played the first so Red Dead Redemption 2 was the first time I played the series. I found the singleplayer to be absolutely amazing and it was so much fun to go through the different missions and to come across little things that Rockstar had made.

RDR2 has without a doubt the best story mode of any game I have ever played, the storyline and graphics are superb with tons of side missions to keep you busy for awhile. Online on the other hand is nothing compared to story, it is a far cry from GTAO which I never expected it to be like GTAO but I did expect the ability to host our own playlists and invite friends to those playlists rather than being stuck with a bunch of randoms all the time playing modes you don't wanna play.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back