The Xbox Series X master plan

Nat

Trophies
As a piece of hardware, the Xbox Series X is a significant technological step up from the Xbox One, but the central point of its introduction has little to do with sharper-looking games and faster loading times. This generation is going to be transformative in terms of how people play, rather than what they play.
Microsoft recognizes that it has power in the form of brand loyalists, and in its ability to produce showpiece video games. But it’s also aware that a new generation of players is growing up, a cohort for whom mobility, convenience, and connectivity are more important than fidelity and power.
Spencer said that Microsoft wants to “liberate content from one specific device,” and used the world’s most popular games to illustrate his point. “When you ask, ‘What device is Fortnite played on?’ the answer is kind of ... ‘Yes.’ Our own Minecraft is played everywhere.” He added that playing across devices is “something we’re spending a lot of time on inside Microsoft,”
Microsoft is still in the business of selling hardware. “I think I’m going to have a game console plugged into my television for the next decade-plus,” he said. “It’s going to be the best way for me to play on my television, to download and play on a native device. But sometimes I’m not in front of my television ... and that’s our bet on the cloud.”

Yes the Xbox Series X I believe will be a masterpiece. I can't wait to pick one up around Christmas. To be direct, I'm hoping they have a better revenue earning this time around and beat out Playstation. This is their chance to make history with a better console. Of course there's no telling if the console will be any better or the same but I'm hearing the specs are incredible. Going on 8k capabilities with a 12 terraflop hard drive. Not bad.

Here's the specs if anyones interested.
  • CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz (3.6GHz with SMT) 7nm
  • GPU: 12 TFLOPs, 52 CUs at 1.825GHz, Custom RDNA 2
  • Memory: 16GB GDDR6
  • Storage: 1TB custom NVMe SSD
  • Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray
  • 120 fps support
  • Potential 8K resolutions
  • Ray-tracing technology
  • Variable Rate Shading for more stable frame rates
  • Compatible with Xbox One accessories

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back