- Dec 8, 2020
- Inxile Entertainment is currently working on a Steampunk AAA RPG. The game supposedly has the second highest budget for an Xbox game in development aside from Halo (Bethesda/Zenimax not included).
- Obsidian is developing 6 projects including three AAA RPGs. Having grown quite quickly and depending on how lightly in development is being used this may be true.
- Xbox has secured publishing rights for a big unannounced AAA surprise that will launch in 2021.
- Xcloud will be joining several new markets next year including iOS and Samsung TVs.
- Several additional titles are launching exclusively to the Xbox ecosystem next year with Forza Horizon 5, Starfield and Wolfenstein 3.
- UPlay is going to be coming to Xbox Gamepass subscription just like EA Play did for holiday 2021.
- Xbox will be dropping Xbox Live Gold or rolling it into the Gamepass service. Free 2 play games will not require any subscription.
- All (non-MMO) Bethesda/Zenimax titles will be exclusives starting in 2021.
- Xbox is swinging big again and will be acquiring Sega in 2021.
- Xbox has already acquired two additional studios aside from Bethesda/Zenimax with one being large and the other being small.