The Steam Community - Let's connect!

Most are on steam but I personally do not accept unless I know who the person is. I had my account hacked and I do not want to go through that again

Most are on steam but I personally do not accept unless I know who the person is. I had my account hacked and I do not want to go through that again
Wouldn't that be more about account security and ensuring you use different passwords than simply having someone as a friend lol?

I'm on Steam as MicroNort. Please do not steal any of my stuff though, there is about £1.60 in my account and a few trading cards I've not yet sold.

I had my account hacked and I do not want to go through that again
It's not in the slightest bit likely that your account was hacked merely by adding someone on Steam. Check your password, set up the two-step authenticator. Take responsibility for your digital security.

Wouldn't that be more about account security and ensuring you use different passwords than simply having someone as a friend lol?
Well, It turns out how I got hacked that one of my friends on my list got hacked and then somehow passed it over to others and I was one of them. Next the hacker tried to go through my friend's list and doing it to them.

It's not in the slightest bit likely that your account was hacked merely by adding someone on Steam. Check your password, set up the two-step authenticator. Take responsibility for your digital security.
As I mentioned above. ANd the friend was on the list for years upon years.

Did you click on something that a friend sent you via Steam? There is no way for you to get hacked simply by adding someone as a friend. But if you added someone and then clicked on something that they sent after they got hacked, that might result in you getting hacked.

I think I've added everyone who has put their Steam profile on. Any more? Let's keep this going. Ignore the sensationalist hack claims.

[staff]If you don't feel like sharing your steam profile for whatever reason then simply don't. But please do not continue to derail this thread. The purpose here is to share your Steam profile as requested by the OP.[/staff]

[staff]If you don't feel like sharing your steam profile for whatever reason then simply don't. But please do not continue to derail this thread. The purpose here is to share your Steam profile as requested by the OP.[/staff]
Sounds to me like these "staff" are trying to get my £1.60 and trading cards. I'm into you.....

Inappropriate advertising / spam
I have a brand new group on Steam called GamersVerse. You can give out free steam games giveaways by posting steam game keys if you want. It is also for those who want to discuss new upcoming games, reviews, and opinions. For developers looking to create their own projects, you can post project discussions, take opinions from other people, and explain your ideas. Feel free to join!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have Steam but I'm looking to get it. Anyone want to connect with me and play games on Steam?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back