Discussion The rise of the right.

_Al

Newcomer
Trophies
Trump in power. White supremacists emboldened. Black Lives Matter. Tory majority. EDL. Brexit. Right wing politics is becoming prominent and acceptable in our societies.

Does this worry you? Should we be concerned by the current politic climate? What do you think?

I think the rise of white nationalism is a reaction. It's become acceptable, no, it's become encouraged to just constantly dump on white people, white men in particular. Is it any wonder that young, white men are angry and banding together for strength and protection? They are a reaction. You can't tell a group of people they are the cause of all evil in the world and not expect some kind of reaction to that eventually. We are seeing what telling white men they are the root of all that is evil for the past 30 years in our schools and in society in general has wrought.

Am I worried about it, slightly, but it's out of my control. And, I don't think Trump has anything to do with it. This has been a long time coming.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, aren't white men the root of most (not all) evil?

No more than humanity is in general. Being scum is not unique among white men. It's a common trait among all of humanity.

What happens in the states regards who gets in or the action that they do. It affects the world. It doesn't bother me, yet it impacts regards our rights and the actions here in the UK.

Let's say Trump doesn't get in. This means that the trade deal is off between the UK and the USA. But it's just crazy

What happens in the states regards who gets in or the action that they do. It affects the world. It doesn't bother me, yet it impacts regards our rights and the actions here in the UK.

Let's say Trump doesn't get in. This means that the trade deal is off between the UK and the USA. But it's just crazy
Do we actually have a trade deal agreed? I would prefer a worse deal but a better president for the US (although hard to imagine that the US could pick a worse candidate).

Do we actually have a trade deal agreed? I would prefer a worse deal but a better president for the US (although hard to imagine that the US could pick a worse candidate).
I didn't vote for him in 2016, but the insanity and extreme hatred is why I'm voting for him in November. When my vote was bout him, I could not bring myself to do it. But my vote isn't about him, it's a protest to of all the nonsense from the fall out of his winning, so now I will do so happily with a clean conscience.

I didn't vote for him in 2016, but the insanity and extreme hatred is why I'm voting for him in November. When my vote was bout him, I could not bring myself to do it. But my vote isn't about him, it's a protest to of all the nonsense from the fall out of his winning, so now I will do so happily with a clean conscience.
Not sure what you mean. What is a vote for him a protest against? As an outsider he comes across as a racist and an idiot with a huge ego. Makes the UK PM look good.

Against Antifa, against the people that rioted the day after he won. Against the cult of woke outrage. Against the leftist nanny state. Against the emotional children that have not been able to cope with the fact that he won. Against the media for it's constant lies and pushing false narrative and outright fabricated nonsense like "Russian Collusion". Against the absolute ignorance of people having strong opinions on things they don't actually know about.

Trump is not a good man. So much so in fact, like I said, I could not bring myself to vote for him in 2016. But because people will not shut up about him and how much they hate him, they've more or less forced my hand. Sure, the right cried a bit about Obama, but nothing like this. Not even a fraction.

Not sure how a vote for Trump addresses your concerns, other than a way to pat yourself on the back with a nice “that’ll show ‘em” internal monologue as you exit the voting booth. If anything, you’ll get a four year extension of the status quo for your emotionally driven protest vote. The news media will continue to do exactly what they’re doing right now, and for the foreseeable future. That’s the price of freedom.

I mean, I hear you to some extent. I have nothing but annoyance to express towards anyone suggesting we should remove monuments dedicated to George Washington. I also take issue with how quickly folks rush to judgment on Twitter the moment a story breaks without letting the situation breathe for a moment as more details will emerge, but these are complicated problems that require more than a single vote to address.

Seems a case of “cutting your nose off to spite your face” to me. If you have the power - and that’s what voting is - against this peddler of hate you probably should do that.

Do you feel those protesting against him have no grounds to do so? If you understand why they have strong concerns about Trump 2nd term you’re well placed to take a stand.

Seems a case of “cutting your nose off to spite your face” to me. If you have the power - and that’s what voting is - against this peddler of hate you probably should do that.

Do you feel those protesting against him have no grounds to do so? If you understand why they have strong concerns about Trump 2nd term you’re well placed to take a stand.
I don't see him as a peddler of hate. I don't think he is a good man, but I don't think he is a bad man either. I think he is more or less a regular joe, who is a bit too crass for my tastes in leader.

I think people are just trained to hate the right by default, and the funny thing is, Trump isn't even right wing. He's a populist. Part of why I didn't vote for him was I thought he was going to be a Trojan in horse. I've been rather surprised that he's not been nearly as bad as I imagined he would be. I thought he'd get into office and pull the mask off and yell, "You fools! I was a New York Democrat my whole life, what did you think was going to happen, BUHAHAHAHA!!!!'

But that didn't really manifest

To clarify my own political position...

It is less than fair to call me a Republican, but it's more than fair to call me anti-Democrat.

You wish to occupy the middle ground. That's where all politics should lie but everything is far too polarized. When I'm BDPE* it'll all be well.

I have seen voters vote for president for themselves and they do not think about the country. It has been spoken and it shall be a deal if he stays in after December when UK fully removed out of the EU laws. The other guy who is in it to be president Is an EU lover and he hated that UK is leaving the EU and so he won't do a trade deal.

Remember that Trade deal helps America also. I found that whatever happens in America it affects the world. It's like exchange rate if it's bad it affects the world, it's like America is the number one boss

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back