The Outer Worlds is “supposed to be humorous” not “politically-charged”, says Obsidian

Jayson

Trophies

Well, obviously, we shouldn't take a lot of games too seriously. I mean, if I play Just Cause, does that imply - drinking tea with Castro? Anyway, though, our society is "indeed too sensitive" and people are probably going to have issues with Outer Worlds. I mean, the idea of "It's just a game!", doesn't work - just like when people say, "It's just a movie!" or "It's just a song!".

O.K., what is your typical reaction to political themed games - and how many have you played? Myself, I think pretty much all war games are politically charged - in a sense, though, it may not seem apparent.

Well, obviously, we shouldn't take a lot of games too seriously. I mean, if I play Just Cause, does that imply - drinking tea with Castro? Anyway, though, our society is "indeed too sensitive" and people are probably going to have issues with Outer Worlds. I mean, the idea of "It's just a game!", doesn't work - just like when people say, "It's just a movie!" or "It's just a song!".

O.K., what is your typical reaction to political themed games - and how many have you played? Myself, I think pretty much all war games are politically charged - in a sense, though, it may not seem apparent.

I have played the Assassin creed and I have to say that it shows having to defeat some sets of kingdoms to win. Most games are like that and we play it because it is just a game. I don't see any reason some will react in the negative angle.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back