The Medium has been refused classification in Australia

the-medium-australia.jpg

Bloober Team’s The Medium has been refused classification in Australia, an outlet has recently discovered.

Kotaku has spotted The Medium‘s listing on the Australian Classification Board’s website, which confirms a ruling dated 2 July 2020. A reason is yet to be detailed for the refusal of classification, though Kotaku has been told by the ACB that “as of 28 October 2020, the Classification Board has not received an application for any physical game by the title The Medium.”

The outlet claims that developer Bloober Team has made an error via the online IARC tool that was used to submit the title for review by the Classification Board. It could also be that the title has content that falls outside of Australia’s guidelines.

Kotaku has contacted Bloober Team and Microsoft for the comment. We'll keep you posted as we learn more.

The Medium heads to Xbox Series X and Windows PC later this year.

the-medium-game.jpg

The Medium​

10 December 2020 (Xbox Series X, Series S, PC)​

This game looks scary. Definitely will be great for fans of the genre, not my style though. I’ll probably watch people stream it lol.

Aussies have Mick Taylor killing people, yet they banned this. How does that make any sense? ;)

I also heard that some Team Silent related personnel are working on a new horror game, that may come out in 3 years from now. If that's true, then I am happy for them. But I want to return to Silent Hill and not just get served up similar titles. Although I do not mind them, I would rather have an actual game about what's happening in Silent Hill itself. You know?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back