The Last of Us TV series heading to HBO

thelastofus.jpg

The Last of Us will be getting a TV series, developed by Chernobyl‘s Craig Mazin alongside Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann, HBO has announced.

The show will be an adaptation of the popular PS3 and PS4 video game, focusing on Joel and Ellie, two survivors struggling in a post-apocalyptic world.

This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life.
~Casey Bloys, HBO President

Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and The Last of Us is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.
~Craig Mazin

From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of The Last of Us. With Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of The Last of Us to life as a television show. I’m beyond excited to collaborate with them.
~Druckmann

The Last of Us Part 2 heads to PS4 from May 29, 2020.

The best choice to be honest, considering all the content in the series, HBO is about the only place for it.

Idk how I feel about it. Honestly, I just don't want another bad video-game adaptation. Does anyone know if it's gonna follow the main story of the first game or is it a spin off that follows Ellie?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back