Discussion The Last of Us Part II haters are going overboard...

Man these are some sad, lonely ass individuals who have nothing better to do than to hate. They secretly love the game and hate to admit it for sure...

I think Naughty Dog ripped off The Walking Dead. A lot. I hated the story when I first played it right to the end about 2 weeks ago. Do I hate it now? OK, I do think it's very depressing, but there was some well done scenes coupled with the sensational graphics. It's too bad the flashbacks didn't happen much earlier.

Joel bites the bullet early on, after a random as all hell encounter with Abby. We all know he was killed for shock value, but there's a lot of things like Abby using a golf club, Ellie looking like Maggie Rhee and so on, that made me think Neil just copied AMC.

The game basically tortures us further by showing happy memories with Joel and Ellie from the past, and also some that are outright heartbreaking. We find out Ellie had fallen out with Joel after going back to the hospital and finding a recorder. They didn't fully mend ties, even though they had a chat the night before Joel's murder where Ellie said she was open to forgiving him. But now it's too late.

The story shits on the first game in a lot of ways, but it did have some stellar parts to it too.

I don't always agree with Capcom, as many people know. But saying somebody should die or their offspring should be massacred over a video game character is utterly pathetic. I'd never say Capcom deserves to have their employees die.

Man these are some sad, lonely ass individuals who have nothing better to do than to hate. They secretly love the game and hate to admit it for sure...

I have not played either of the last of us games, but why do you think these people must secretly love the game? is the game so good that it is impossible for someone to dislike? I heard that the second game is a departure from the first could it be that a lot of people dont like the change in direction?

It's more than that. The story has SJW written all over it, to the false advertising (even admitted by Neil himself) and of course, ahem. What you probably already know about the first game's main characters. It's the opposite to part 1, so people hate the darker story. The first game was in some ways, also dark, but nowhere as much as part 2 is. It's exceptionally brutal. You tend to overlook that because the game is so unbelievably detailed. But believe me, you know the controls are largely the same, but it is indeed NOT the same game. Not even close. ?

But I do feel that in many ways, the game has been discredited over the story alone. I understand that's important and fans are justifiably pissed. But it's not like this hasn't happened in other mediums before. I think because the first game is so special, everybody expected this to be the same, and Neil kind of kicked us low.

With that said, I see Capcom doing the same thing to Barry Burton in the next Resident Evil game for similar shock value. Already, I am over it. ?

I have not played either of the last of us games, but why do you think these people must secretly love the game? is the game so good that it is impossible for someone to dislike? I heard that the second game is a departure from the first could it be that a lot of people dont like the change in direction?
It's coz people hate Neil Druckmann and they've hated him long before part 2, it's just they have more of a reason now since the release (giving them an incentive to throw shade and such).

Same here. "The Resort" is a very hard level! I keep getting shot to ribbons. ?

Join Michael Does Life and I tonight as always. He's doing Skype calls. Look him up. It's just michaeldoeslife on Skype. Hit the notification bell, as he's going live in about 35 minutes. ?

Whoever made that kid comment should be hunted down, if I were her I put some money into dragging the scumbag out in the open.

For every 1000 trolls you eliminate, another 1000 take their place. Such is life online. ?

This makes me more interested in buying the game. I guess this news is free promotion.

I wonder, how much of this is a real, how much of it is just pure edgelord trolling, and how much of it is a kind of reverse virtue signaling?

Not that any of it is justified by any means, but I do wonder what's what.

People always have to send there hates over, don't they? Like they have nothing else better to do. Sad but at the same time I can't really say since I do not follow the game to stay if it's made or not LOL

Yeah, how much of it is for real or not though. But Twitter and Facebook you can't always read to see and to believe it

When I first finished the game, I too was sad for about a week. It didn't feel like the effort amounted to anything, because Ellie lost everything so dear to her. And I suppose it was fresh in my mind at the time. But now my opinion of the game has changed a bit... and I think it's not cool to harass the voice actors and chief director just over the story.

Well, now I don't even care about the controversy around Abby. She's a character just like anyone else. Her showing up was to avenge her father's murder. She didn't care why Joel did it. Other mediums have the exact same outcomes. It cannot be all about Ellie and Joel's adventures anyway, even if they are the basis of the series. The games exist in a big enough universe that other themes and characters can be incorporated, just like with any other game, movie or TV show that incorporates flashbacks to enhance the arc. If they use the same characters over and over again and everyone else is not coming across as relevant to the future of the franchise, the series feels like it's becoming just that. It's like anyone else Ellie and Joel meet who aren't nice like they are, are disposable and don't seem to matter. A franchise shouldn't work like that. ✍

At least with the Resident Evil series, Capcom occasionally tries to do new things (with mixed results, however) and in recent years, we got a new protagonist in Ethan Winters and some new story that was not so typical of the series, because they made something radically different. But hell, it was a step in the right direction when it came to making it survival horror again.

It's too bad the game is in first person and you don't even see his face. But in general, they at least provided a new character and Chris came back. Again, that was a good idea that came with a twist, but they messed up his appearance. Thank God they rectified that recently. ?

I think if The Last of Us series becomes a trilogy, maybe some of the hate will remain because of what Neil Druckmann has did, but it will diminish somewhat with a newer and better direction that combines the first two games together in a meaningful way. ?

By the way, stay off Kiwi Farms. That's a forum solely for trolls. When I tried to have a rational talk with the members about the game last night, they started posting BS back at me and saying I was autistic. So I signed up as "Joel Miller" and just posted amusing GIFs of him everywhere. It was so funny getting them triggered like that! ?

Last edited:
When I first finished the game, I too was sad for about a week. It didn't feel like the effort amounted to anything, because Ellie lost everything so dear to her. And I suppose it was fresh in my mind at the time. But now my opinion of the game has changed a bit... and I think it's not cool to harass the voice actors and chief director just over the story.

Well, now I don't even care about the controversy around Abby. She's a character just like anyone else. Her showing up was to avenge her father's murder. She didn't care why Joel did it. Other mediums have the exact same outcomes. It cannot be all about Ellie and Joel's adventures anyway, even if they are the basis of the series. The games exist in a big enough universe that other themes and characters can be incorporated, just like with any other game, movie or TV show that incorporates flashbacks to enhance the arc. If they use the same characters over and over again and everyone else is not coming across as relevant to the future of the franchise, the series feels like it's becoming just that. It's like anyone else Ellie and Joel meet who aren't nice like they are, are disposable and don't seem to matter. A franchise shouldn't work like that. ✍

At least with the Resident Evil series, Capcom occasionally tries to do new things (with mixed results, however) and in recent years, we got a new protagonist in Ethan Winters and some new story that was not so typical of the series, because they made something radically different. But hell, it was a step in the right direction when it came to making it survival horror again.

It's too bad the game is in first person and you don't even see his face. But in general, they at least provided a new character and Chris came back. Again, that was a good idea that came with a twist, but they messed up his appearance. Thank God they rectified that recently. ?

I think if The Last of Us series becomes a trilogy, maybe some of the hate will remain because of what Neil Druckmann has did, but it will diminish somewhat with a newer and better direction that combines the first two games together in a meaningful way. ?

By the way, stay off Kiwi Farms. That's a forum solely for trolls. When I tried to have a rational talk with the members about the game last night, they started posting BS back at me and saying I was autistic. So I signed up as "Joel Miller" and just posted amusing GIFs of him everywhere. It was so funny getting them triggered like that! ?
wow.. a few spoilers there :0 wight wanna add a tag to it to avoid spoiling it for others lol

Surprirsed that such toxicity existed. I mean cosnidering the game is den of SJW, they are attracting such violent people from that community itself. Which is not only bad thing but also not good for the gaming community in near future. I hope things change for them.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back