The Last of Us Part 2 sold 4m copies during launch weekend

the-last-of-us-part-2-sold-4m-copies.png

Sony has announced incredible sales for The Last Us Part 2.

Naughty Dog's sequel sold 4m copies during its launch weekend, making it the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever.

Creative director Neil Druckmann today thanked the millions of fans who had played the game and thoughtfully contributed to the discussion around it.

Druckmann:
The Last of Us Part 2 was made possible thanks to the efforts of the hundreds of talented and passionate developers here at Naughty Dog. We can imagine no greater honour than seeing that same passion mirrored by the people playing it. Thank you for helping us reach this amazing milestone.

Druckmann has confirmed there will be no story expansion to The Last of Us Part 2 as there was for the first game although the studio's future multiplayer plans for the franchise was not discussed.

Best Sony exclusive. Congrats Naughty Dog!!

I love how people say they hated it and were not going to buy and yet sales say otherwise.

Yeah. A lot of YouTubers have uploaded videos, expressing their regret at not listening to what their friends said, and so on. Still: I can see why the enthusiasm was too much. It's a sequel to a big game, if not the biggest game in some people's eyes. They would have wanted to have experienced it regardless.

To be honest, user reviews are more sincere than the 'paid shills' who talk about stuff to plug it for a juicy pay check. That IGN gave it a 10 out of 10 score while the consumers said otherwise, speaks volumes about these corporations.

?

Yeah. A lot of YouTubers have uploaded videos, expressing their regret at not listening to what their friends said, and so on. Still: I can see why the enthusiasm was too much. It's a sequel to a big game, if not the biggest game in some people's eyes. They would have wanted to have experienced it regardless.

To be honest, user reviews are more sincere than the 'paid shills' who talk about stuff to plug it for a juicy pay check. That IGN gave it a 10 out of 10 score while the consumers said otherwise, speaks volumes about these corporations.

?
yea and those who said the game got "spoiled" for them ended up gettig it anyway lol

My hate for the game has diminished a bit. They really overdid it with the 'revenge is bad' scenario, though. I think there will be a part 3 someday where the Fireflies regroup to hunt down Ellie, giving how she's potentially the cure to the Cordyceps infection, and so she's a marked woman now. Abby may be seemingly good now, but it's hard to say. A lot like how Negan who isn't fully trustworthy, does good deeds, but the characters learned to co-exist with him in spite of who he used to be years prior. ?

The Fireflies never had a chance to find out about Ellie's brain. There's definitely more they can add to the story, and because the game is selling a lot of copies, there could be a very high demand for a sequel after the dust has settled with the backlash and all. Just not sure that Mr. Neil Drunk Man is the guy up for the task. It's kind of like with these awful writers at Capcom these days, butchering everything they get their hands on, even with the impressive RE Engine at the helm.

Oh God. Like whenever Jill opened her gob in the recent remake, you just wanted to punch her face. That's not my Jill! It also doesn't help that they hype the fans up so much, then leave a lot of us disappointed.

Once they have that effect on the fans, it's hard to recover that bond. ?

That's an amazing amount, though not to put a negative spin on this, and this isn't specifically aimed at TLoU2 but games in general, but it actually surprises me how low game sales are even when they're top-selling games like this. I know this is only a 3 to 4 day period, but if there are 110 million PS4s out there and rounding this to 4 million sales, it means so far 96.4% of PS4 owners haven't bought the game. And that's the fastest-selling exclusive on the platform. It seems crazy to me, but then I guess it's a side effect of one of the best things about gaming; there are always so many choices.

Oh man. Neil Drunk Man talks out of his arse! ?

You can tell he's a right old-fashioned fibber.

I'm not really surprised. The game is fantastic, much like the first game before it. It's fantastic storytelling and i'm really enjoying my time with it. I'm not even halfway through it yet and I'm really sucked into the environment, world and people within the game.

I am over the hate now. Besides, characters have departed other franchises too.

I did find this amusing, though. ?

The memes make me blush as well.

The game is definitely good but the issue is that the hate is misdirected. I understand in grand scheme of things the last of us is not that great but lets give them chance. I don't think sales of the games may show the real success especially on lockdown times when any game can have sale.

Hurry up and call in. He said he may do another outdoor stream later on.

It's michaeldoeslife with no spaces on Skype.

?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back