Discussion The Last of Us is apparently being remade...

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
Sony = money hungry. ?

Why would they do this, when the first game is A, so beloved by Naughty Dog's fanbase, and B, it's not even a decade old yet!? ?

Based on reports it seems they want it to coincide with the HBO series.

Originally it seems they wanted to do an Uncharted 1 remake which makes more sense to me.

Here's me still waiting for a The Bouncer remaster or sequel of any sort.

Wow, this is a terrible cash grab...Uncharted, sure, go for that, it makes sense, but The Last of Us?! Poor move, Sony.

I thought the next game would be about Abby and Lev, and whoever those people are on Catalina Island that they found out about on the radio. However, why make up something and not continue it? Maybe the remake is just a separate thing. Although to be honest, not a lot of fans really took to Abby after the leaks. Trying to force her upon us as a playable character was perhaps not a great idea. But as a fan, I can admit that any parts with Abby were actually totally brilliant.

Why do a remake anyway? The premise of the original game and the HBO series is practically identical. After all, they're both about Joel and Ellie. So yeah. This seems like a major cash grab.

Unfortunately, consumers who call these games cash grabs, still purchase them anyway. These companies know that we are suckers. So therefore, they know they can make a quick buck from banking off of familiarity.

I thought the next game would be about Abby and Lev, and whoever those people are on Catalina Island that they found out about on the radio. However, why make up something and not continue it? Maybe the remake is just a separate thing. Although to be honest, not a lot of fans really took to Abby after the leaks. Trying to force her upon us as a playable character was perhaps not a great idea. But as a fan, I can admit that any parts with Abby were actually totally brilliant.

Why do a remake anyway? The premise of the original game and the HBO series is practically identical. After all, they're both about Joel and Ellie. So yeah. This seems like a major cash grab.

Unfortunately, consumers who call these games cash grabs, still purchase them anyway. These companies know that we are suckers. So therefore, they know they can make a quick buck from banking off of familiarity.
shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

You're not wrong. Good thing I'm broke these days or I'd probably shell out for it, too, in spite of it being a clear cut cash grab :D

I think Sony are crazy to not continue with a sequel to Days Gone. I always felt that game was the next best thing to The Last of Us too, as it plays almost the same, except you use a motorcycle to get around the countryside. Well, Joel, etc, use horses.

Here's hoping Sony has a change of heart. ;)

Ever since I finished the second game, I have been longing to hear of a sequel with Abby and Lev. We have E3 coming up in a few months.

I don't know how Ellie could really come back, but I think she went back to her girlfriend. You can see her wearing the bracelet when she goes back to the farmhouse. Her story seems kind of finished with, although she is immune and that makes her a potential target.

It's way too soon to develop a remake...

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back