The JoyFreak Community Thread

Yes. I'm going to start with old school Crysis 2 that I missed out on at the time it was released.

One gamer said this, "Personally I wouldn’t play it again, I only bought it to practice my PC FPS skills for other competitive titles."

OK then, it's not great but it's the only game I own at the moment!

Yes. I'm going to start with old school Crysis 2 that I missed out on at the time it was released.

One gamer said this, "Personally I wouldn’t play it again, I only bought it to practice my PC FPS skills for other competitive titles."

OK then, it's not great but it's the only game I own at the moment!
I've played both, Crysis and Crysis 2 on my PC. Both are great games. It's true, it's not the best compared to new games out there but it doesn't make it any less fun :)

Oops. It was a Windows title not Amiga. I thought it had too many colours and samples for the Amiga. 1997 in Europe.

In the theme of my post yesterday, I have some old school games to show you. "Flashback" was heavenly (can I say that, oh well I just have)... here's some history of Amiga gaming... 'Amiga', Spanish for 'female friend'.

An important mention goes to "Dune 2", this game was a genre defining RTS, the first one I played before C&C arrived on CD-ROM on the PC. It was a few hours of fun and enjoyment and contentment.

Last edited:
Evening everyone. Not much of a busy weekend for me. Just relaxing and counting down the days to Christmas!

In the theme of my post yesterday, I have some old school games to show you. "Flashback" was heavenly (can I say that, oh well I just have)... here's some history of Amiga gaming... 'Amiga', Spanish for 'female friend'.

An important mention goes to "Dune 2", this game was a genre defining RTS, the first one I played before C&C arrived on CD-ROM on the PC. It was a few hours of fun and enjoyment and contentment.
Oh my goodness. That's so retro. I don't think I ever had the privilege to play on the Amiga. I wonder if you can still get hold of one now.

Hi. If you Google 'Amiga A500 mini' you'll find one for about 120. Note the games are not the same as on this list : step on these baby These are better by a long chalk. The good games you DO get are : Another World, Battle Chess, F16, Kick Off 2, Super Cars 2, and perhaps Worms which I didn't have the privilege to play.

The 'console' comes out in March next year.

Last edited:
Evening everyone. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Can't believe we're so close to Christmas!

Thanks Ash. Have you been a good boy for Santa? My team lost again. So it's not been great. I've got something to share this week, of special interest to Brits on here.

SUICIDE ?
One of the leading causes of death in men worldwide, Fact! Whilst healthcare funding continues to be sparse and research into suicide demonstrating limited movement into our understanding, of WHY, so many men die from suicide.

I chose to focus my Doctoral Research on the role of masculinity in suicidal thinking and beliefs. I am asking you all to please give up just 15 minutes of your time to complete a survey as part of this. It is completely anonymous! Survey is open to men & women. Your participation may just help us to understand these questions and help to prevent further unnecessary deaths.

https://wolverhamptonpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eWkmghBN4b7RLyS

I thank you all so much and remember you are not alone.

Thanks Ash. Have you been a good boy for Santa? My team lost again. So it's not been great. I've got something to share this week, of special interest to Brits on here.
Fingers crossed he gives me something good and not a lump of coal!

SUICIDE ?
One of the leading causes of death in men worldwide, Fact! Whilst healthcare funding continues to be sparse and research into suicide demonstrating limited movement into our understanding, of WHY, so many men die from suicide.

I chose to focus my Doctoral Research on the role of masculinity in suicidal thinking and beliefs. I am asking you all to please give up just 15 minutes of your time to complete a survey as part of this. It is completely anonymous! Survey is open to men & women. Your participation may just help us to understand these questions and help to prevent further unnecessary deaths.

https://wolverhamptonpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eWkmghBN4b7RLyS

I thank you all so much and remember you are not alone.
Great research topic. I have participated! I'm currently doing my master's so I know how important it is to collect data. Good luck!

Hello boys!
Do you have any plans on buying something on the future Steam Christmas sales?

Evening everyone. Enjoying a relaxing 1st day of the year today.

Wishing everyone a very happy new year :)

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back