The JoyFreak Community Thread

That's about what I expected to hear. It's supposed to be a fantastic game. I'm both delighted and disappointed that it is, lol. Ah well, maybe I'll watch some lets plays or something of it, get a glimpse that way. I can't and won't buy it.
There’s a lot of controversy surrounding this game due to J.K Rowling being transphobic. Shame.

There’s a lot of controversy surrounding this game due to J.K Rowling being transphobic. Shame.
Yeah, that's what's keeping me away. I can't support someone who uses her massive platform and privilege to spread views of hatred and bigotry, and since she profits from this game, I can't support this game. It hurts, because I was a massive fan of the HP universe, it was one of those things where it felt so inclusive, like anyone could be a part of it. Turns out, some of us clearly can't.

Yeah, that's what's keeping me away. I can't support someone who uses her massive platform and privilege to spread views of hatred and bigotry, and since she profits from this game, I can't support this game. It hurts, because I was a massive fan of the HP universe, it was one of those things where it felt so inclusive, like anyone could be a part of it. Turns out, some of us clearly can't.

Worth knowing that there’s a transgender character in-game: Hogwarts Legacy Introduces Harry Potter Series' First Transgender Character

Yeah, I read about that, and I appreciate the developers going to that extent to be inclusive, but...her shortened name is Sir. Sir Ryan? A trans girl named Sir Ryan? It's tone deaf. One step forward, two steps backwards.
Yeah, sounds unthoughtful but props for the effort.

Just curious cause I'm new and can't seem to find anything related to this on here, are gaming advice articles an ok things to share? and where would I put that cause I wanna make sure I'm not throwing it in a random channel ?‍?

That is a great article. I hope more people will take the time to learn what trans is, and not what people like the author claim it is. They might understand why it's important to stand against people like the author. She deserves every ounce of criticism she's receiving and it's my biggest hope she will either recant her views or renounce her rights to the HP universe. If either of those things happen then people like me can feel a sense of belonging again inside of that universe, but as it stands now? We know we're not welcome, so that's fine, we won't join in.

Just curious cause I'm new and can't seem to find anything related to this on here, are gaming advice articles an ok things to share? and where would I put that cause I wanna make sure I'm not throwing it in a random channel ?‍?
Welcome! Any gaming related content should go in the gaming forum. If in doubt, always refer back to our terms and rules here Terms and rules

That is a great article. I hope more people will take the time to learn what trans is, and not what people like the author claim it is. They might understand why it's important to stand against people like the author. She deserves every ounce of criticism she's receiving and it's my biggest hope she will either recant her views or renounce her rights to the HP universe. If either of those things happen then people like me can feel a sense of belonging again inside of that universe, but as it stands now? We know we're not welcome, so that's fine, we won't join in.
I’m with you :) stand for what’s right ❤️

I know that some are purchasing the game used because of this. Would that be a route you would take to experience the title?

❤️

Hopefully one day she'll see sense, but at least there are good people who take the time to learn. That's the victory outside of the whole game scenario.
Absolutely. Hopefully she comes to her senses.

I know that some are purchasing the game used because of this. Would that be a route you would take to experience the title?
I'm on the fence with that, even, because it still benefited her with the initial purchase. I suppose it's better than buying it new, so maybe down the line, but definitely not at this point.
Absolutely. Hopefully she comes to her senses.
❤️

I'm on the fence with that, even, because it still benefited her with the initial purchase. I suppose it's better than buying it new, so maybe down the line, but definitely not at this point.

❤️
Don’t support those who don’t support you ❤️

Don’t support those who don’t support you ❤️
That's essentially where I stand, definitely. I didn't choose to be who I am, I didn't want to be who I am, I don't appreciate being hated for who I am, but I am proud of who I am and I will remain so until the day I die. I had to struggle to be called by my own name, by my own gender. 34 years of misery...I'm not giving it away now that I've got it, and neither will my trans brothers and sisters out there. We may be misunderstood, marginalized and ostracized in a lot of ways, but we're just people trying our best to get by.

That's essentially where I stand, definitely. I didn't choose to be who I am, I didn't want to be who I am, I don't appreciate being hated for who I am, but I am proud of who I am and I will remain so until the day I die. I had to struggle to be called by my own name, by my own gender. 34 years of misery...I'm not giving it away now that I've got it, and neither will my trans brothers and sisters out there. We may be misunderstood, marginalized and ostracized in a lot of ways, but we're just people trying our best to get by.
Makes me happy to hear this! Always be you and never be apologetic about it ❤️

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back