The JoyFreak Community Thread

Aries

Administrator
Nov 16, 2018
What do you think of a reputation system? Would it be of interest to anyone? I personally think ATM, not so much but I'd imagine if the market place was to get busy in the future, it would probably be useful to have.

BigPete7978

Founder of The Goat House
Verified
Jul 25, 2020
What do you think of a reputation system? Would it be of interest to anyone? I personally think ATM, not so much but I'd imagine if the market place was to get busy in the future, it would probably be useful to have.
A rep system would be great for the Marketplace when it gets more activity, but for now we have the Like interaction that's built into the site.

BigPete7978

Verified
Jul 25, 2020
The load times are insane! I got so used to it taking forever in AC games like Origins and Odyssey. Wow the Series X is awesome.

Aries

Administrator
Nov 16, 2018
Highly recommend it. I'm working on reviewing it, the Series X, and Fuser over on my site. Gonna take some time, but I enjoy writing :)
You write game reviews? I've had an idea that maybe members can earn credits by writing articles, whether its news or reviews. The articles section on JoyFreak seems to be getting the most views around here.

A rep system would be great for the Marketplace when it gets more activity, but for now we have the Like interaction that's built into the site.
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. I'll keep that thought at the back for now.

BigPete7978

Verified
Jul 25, 2020
You write game reviews? I've had an idea that maybe members can earn credits by writing articles, whether its news or reviews. The articles section on JoyFreak seems to be getting the most views around here.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. I'll keep that thought at the back for now.
Yeah I've been writing on and off for about 11 years or so. Was part of a pretty big PlayStation site back in the day, went to E3 many many times. Ended up leaving the site to focus on my career, and now run The Goat House and just review stuff I feel like writing about. My reviews on The Goat House can be found HERE if you are interested in checking them out. :)

Aries

Administrator
Nov 16, 2018
Yeah I've been writing on and off for about 11 years or so. Was part of a pretty big PlayStation site back in the day, went to E3 many many times. Ended up leaving the site to focus on my career, and now run The Goat House and just review stuff I feel like writing about. My reviews on The Goat House can be found HERE if you are interested in checking them out. :)
I had a look just now and your style of writing is very professional. I like it!

Ash

Feb 1, 2019
I have university coursework due in today so I've been focused on that all day today. Very happy that it will be finished before my PS5 comes

Deekz DK

Nov 14, 2020
I'm gonna be on one tonight aswell
It's actually a game project. I'm an indie dev... and honestly... I just didn't care for it and ended up cancelling it on Thursday.
Just keep it in mind you never know maybe you'll get another idea that will make you bring it back

Aries

Administrator
Nov 16, 2018
Gave our members profile page a little tidy up today.
members.png

Jun 15, 2019
"Goldsickle" - yet another Capcom shill who loves to believe that seeing $5889 fallen out of a monster's or a peasant farmer's arsehole in RE4, 5 or 6 is "realistically" accurate at all. Um, no. 🥴

Yes. Mr. X and Nemesis did it, but they have trenchcoats. Plus, they are harder enemies when it comes to defeating them, and Nemesis uses weapons. So it makes 'some sense' that they're carrying certain items. It maybe doesn't make much sense, even so. But still. There's your reason.

Some people. Honestly! 🧟

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019

Ash

Feb 1, 2019
Just 2 sleeps away from my lovely PS5! Hopefully it gets delivered early on the 19th and not near the evening

BigPete7978 Yeah, US and Australia gets it first. Europe and rest of the world on the 19th.

BigPete7978

Verified
Jul 25, 2020
Just 2 sleeps away from my lovely PS5! Hopefully it gets delivered early on the 19th and not near the evening

BigPete7978 Yeah, US and Australia gets it first. Europe and rest of the world on the 19th.
Oh jeez. I feel dumb, I just got used to them doing the Worldwide releases.