The best games for low-end PCs in 2020

SMT

Newcomer
Trophies
Not everyone owns a thousand bucks gaming rig which is equipped with all kinds of RGB components, there are many gamers around the world who still play games on a low-end PC.
It’s 2020 and the latest games require you to have a powerful rig but there are some amazing games that you can still enjoy on your low-end PC in 2020 so hold onto your hats because we’ll be counting down some of the best games for Low-End PC in 2020.

Our Picks:

Hitman Absolution (Action/Adventure)

Hitman Absolution - Games for Low-End PC in 2020

Minimum Requirements:
CPU
– Dual Core
GPU – 512MB VRAM
RAM – 2GB
Storage – 10GB

Hitman Absolution is the 5th instalment in the Hitman series and it is considered as one of the best stealth games of the decade. Hitman Absolution was released back in 2012 but the game was ahead from its time with its stunning gameplay and amazing story. Each mission in this game will provide you with a different experience, it’s all up to you if you want to complete the mission with complete stealth or go with guns blazing and torment your enemies. Hitman Absolution can be played on a low-end PC which is equipped with at least 2GB RAM and a dual-core CPU.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Open-World)

GTA SA - Games for Low End PC 2020

Minimum Requirements:
CPU
– Pentium 4
GPU – 512MB VRAM
RAM – 1GB
Storage – 4GB

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas came out in 2004 and still considered one of the most popular games of all time. GTA: SA doesn’t need any introduction because we’ve all played this game at some point in our life. The seventh instalment in the GTA flagship, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is one of the best games that you can enjoy on your low-end PC. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will require you to have at least 1GB RAM along with a Pentium 4 CPU.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012 (Racing)

NFS MW 2012 CARS

Minimum Requirements:
CPU
– Core 2 Duo
RAM – 2GB
GPU – 1GB VRAM
Storage – 20GB

The Need for Speed: Most Wanted provides you with the best racing experience where you will face the best street racers from around the city to climb your way to the top of the most wanted list. Without any doubt, NFS: MW is one of the most played and loved racing games from the last decade and if you haven’t played this one then I’ll suggest you get your hands on this game as soon as possible. NFS: MW requires you to have a Core 2 Duo CPU, 2GB RAM, and a GPU with 1GB VRAM.

Batman Arkham City (Action/Adventure)

Batman Arkham City - Games for Low End PC in 2020

Minimum Requirements:
CPU
– Core 2 Duo
GPU – 512MB VRAM
RAM – 2GB
Storage – 18GB

If you’re a fan of Batman comics and games then Batman Arkham City won’t disappoint you. Batman Arkham City is the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum which was released back in 2009. Batman Arkham City provides you with one hell of an experience where you have to fight the most fierce enemies in the city of Gotham. The gameplay and the mechanics are quite good as well and if you’re running things on a low-end PC then Batman Arkham City is definitely something to look at. Moreover, You will need a Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, and a GPU that have at least 512MB VRAM.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (First Person Shooter/Action)

COD MW Sniper Mission

Minimum Requirements:
CPU
– Pentium 4
GPU – 512MB VRAM
RAM – 2GB
Storage – 8GB

Most of us spent our childhood playing Call of Duty games and Call of Duty 4: Morden Warfare has a special place in our hearts. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released back in 2007 and this game is still going strong with thousands of players enjoying the multiplayer every day. Call of Duty games has come a long way since then but COD4MW will always be considered as one of the best. In order to smoothly run this piece of gem, you will only need a Core 2 Duo which is also equipped with 2GB of RAM and a 512MB VRAM GPU.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 (First-Person Shooter/Action)

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - Games for Low End PC

Minimum Requirements:
CPU
– Core 2 Quad
GPU – 1GB VRAM
RAM – 4GB
Storage – 9GB

If you’re looking for a sniper game then you won’t have to look further because Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 outperforms every other game in this genre. Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 is one of the finest first-person shooters which is completely based on stealth, one wrong move and you’re done. Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 came out in 2013 and dominated since then. Moreover, Sniper Elite Warrior 2 requires you to have a Core 2 Quad CPU, 4GB RAM, and 1GB VRAM GPU. However, if you’re running a Core 2 duo or less then you can easily run the first instalment in the Sniper Ghost Warrior series.

Assasin’s Creed III (Action/Adventure & Open-World)

ACIII - Games for Low End PC

Minimum Requirements:
CPU
– Core 2 Duo
GPU – 512MB VRAM
RAM – 2GB
Storage – 18GB

One of the finest games from Ubisoft, Assasin’s Creed III is a treat to have and if you haven’t heard of its brilliance then let me tell you something that Assasin’s Creed III is the best game in the series. Assasin’s Creed III features some stunning graphics and backed with a flawless story. ACIII was released back in 2012 but there are thousands of gamers around the world who are still spending hundreds of hours on this game. In order to run ACIII, you will need a Core 2 Duo CPU along with 2GB RAM and 512MB VRAM. ACIII is without any doubt one of the best games for a low-end PC in 2020.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim - Games for Low-End PC in2020

Minimum Requirements:
CPU
– Dual Core
GPU – 512MB VRAM
RAM – 2GB
Storage – 6GB

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action RPG developed by one of the most praised developers, Bethesda. Skyrim is the fifth game in The Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim was released in 2012 and has been ruling the hearts of many since then. The award-winning Skyrim is considered as one of the best RPGs of the past decade. In order to run The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on your PC, you will need to have a Dual Core CPU, 2GB RAM, and a GPU which features 512MB VRAM. If you haven’t played this game then I would definitely recommend you to play this one and have the time of your life.

Conclusion
There are thousands of games that were released in the past decade and only a handful of them made it to the top of the charts so, from those handfuls of games, these are our picks for some of the best games for low-end PC in 2020. If you disagree or would like to suggest some other games then feel free to express yourself in the comments below!

Read More on GameGyaan

Serious Sam and some of the similar FPS games from 2005 works on most of the old PC configs. And those games are pretty good.

Some games, like Undertale, are also relatively good to play on lower end PCs or (gasp!) even a Mac (though I've never tried.)

I think mac is definitely not a gaming machine. Though there are many games released for mac but from what I have seen like rocket league many dev companies are backing out of mac and linux.

I think most games can be run on a PC if you're willing to turn down the game specs on the game output settings.

I think using emulators sucks a lot of RAM for those games after PS 2 onwards. So you may want to choose the emulators which can be good for the system. I personally prefer the 16GB RAM for emulations for some console games.

I am still on the low end PC with P4 2GB Ram, however I won't upgrade and love to play the old games only. In these days 16Gb Ram PC's are better to play like GTA Vicecity V, Nintendo.

I think if you want to play modern games then sooner or later you have to upgrade. I mean there is just no way around it. I had upgrade for development and office work.

My suggestions are;

1. Sunless Skies
  2. Darkest Dungeon
If you have low spec pc otherwise, PS4 and Xbox one are an all-time favourites

On Indie games part you have some of the better options. I thin if you follow humble bundle they seem to have a lot of indie games for you to follow. Though I won't hold much excitement as those games are pretty medium quality.

I think if you want to play modern games then sooner or later you have to upgrade. I mean there is just no way around it. I had upgrade for development and office work.
It's better to buy a latest System than upgrading as you should know we have to upgrade Motherboard and processor too. Most companies offer discount price for latest system.
My computer supports only 4 GB last in Desktop PC, now how can I upgrade for 8GB Ram?

It's better to buy a latest System than upgrading as you should know we have to upgrade Motherboard and processor too. Most companies offer discount price for latest system.
My computer supports only 4 GB last in Desktop PC, now how can I upgrade for 8GB Ram?
Cost of PC upgrade is cheaper than the Console. And the best part is that you can also get the upgrade to play those games which you want to play on the consoles.

Cost of PC upgrade is cheaper than the Console. And the best part is that you can also get the upgrade to play those games which you want to play on the consoles.
Is their a way to upgrade Motherboard and how about processor too? I was mentioning that we can't upgrade motherboard instead that good to buy a new consoles.

If you upgrade CPU, you are forced to upgrade the motherboard, because that's the basic platform on the top of which your CPU and Graphic card gets upgrade. In that context, I think consoles are one time purchase with zero upgrades.

In terms of low end I think risk of rain would be a good one. It was only 500MB or a gig on the PS4.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back