Suggestions & Feedback Thread

Ranks would be a nice thing, but from my experience... ranks are pretty difficult to do on xenForo (even the 2.0 upgrade didn't really solve the problem).

Can we get a "groups" add-on? The addon might be a bit costy, but down the road, user made groups might be a cool thing to add.

Hi Abizaga and thank you for your suggestion.

We have looked into this in the past but haven't found one that we quite like. We also thought it's probably best to avoid such a complex add-on and keep everything "forum" based, for the members and guests.

If in the future we do find a similar add-on we think is best suited for JoyFreak, then we will consider implementing it.

If you have any further questions, then please do let us know.

Thanks again.

I may have used one on my forum, but if I remember correctly it was fairly expensive. I do understand though, you dont wanna put in too much clutter.

I may have used one on my forum, but if I remember correctly it was fairly expensive.
Yeah because they are very complex. I have used one in the past, found it to be rather complex/buggy but that was a while back.

Joyfreak forums weekend quiz night.

So I thought it would be good to suggest a quiz night so my idea is..

all future updates were held in the same thread, instead of constantly making new ones every week. So each time a person makes a quiz, it would be preferable to just write one in the thread.

I also think that a point system should be different. If you manage to answer correctly on the harder questions, you should receive more points. So for the ‘Easy’ questions, you get 1 point, for ‘Normal’ you get 2 points and for ‘Hard’ you get 3 points.

The person that does the quiz then gets to nominate the next person to do it with an easy JoyFreak mention

Just an ? what is everyone's thoughts and maybe suggestions on how we could make it work?

Oh a weekend quiz night could be fun. Could make it about games release dates, histories and companies behind them or something.

Oh a weekend quiz night could be fun. Could make it about games release dates, histories and companies behind them or something.
Indeedy that's a good idea, quiz nights have been going well since the lockdown and maybe worth a go on here for people to try out. We might have to send a notification each Friday evening or something to remind people to come online to give it a go. :)

Oh yeah true. Also we might want a place to find the thread for it.

DOes Joyfreak even have discord here?

Come with the times and have discord if you haven't already :p

Discord takes away activity from the forum IMO. It would be nice to have the ability to like posts. You could even add some gaming based reactions.

It CAN if you fill it with the bells and whistles of several rooms and bots. I use mine as a general chatroom with nothing related to the subject matter and few bots. It works pretty nicely as a notification hub.

It CAN if you fill it with the bells and whistles of several rooms and bots. I use mine as a general chatroom with nothing related to the subject matter and few bots. It works pretty nicely as a notification hub.
I guess. It would definitely be less of a problem for a gaming forum like this one if you focused more on general chat.

I guess. It would definitely be less of a problem for a gaming forum like this one if you focused more on general chat.
Exactly. Just make it a more general room for say a game site like this one, or a noatalgia site like mine. Discord integration would also mean you can make it so people can login through discord which opens up more advertising possibilities.

I'd still like to see Verified individuals to be able to have a signature :)

I second this. It would be nice to reward verified users with a signature to use, so that the Forum Staff and Premium Members aren't the only ones with signatures.

It might have been missed in the past few messages but it would be great to have a like system added to the forum. I'm not sure why it has been disabled because it allows us to agree with some posts without having to post a tiny message saying "agree" or "thanks".

It might have been missed in the past few messages but it would be great to have a like system added to the forum. I'm not sure why it has been disabled because it allows us to agree with some posts without having to post a tiny message saying "agree" or "thanks".

It's unlikely we'll be adding the like system back. We encourage members not to answer to threads with just “agree” or “thanks” or with other monosyllables. Please try to be constructive when replying to a thread and if you don't feel like you have anything to add, then don't.

We received your suggestion from last time and our decision still stands, we aren't planning to allow signatures for verified members at this moment in time. If anything changes, we'll announce it.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back