Suggestions & Feedback Thread

So what's the deal with signatures? Are we allowed to have signatures by any chance?

I'm just wondering if the signature markup can be enabled, so that members can have access to signatures.

Signatures will be a premium feature, only premium members and staff members can apply a signature. More details on this will be posted soon.

I feel Verified individuals should also gain access to signatures. It would give those of us who are "Verified" a little extra something. :)

This is quite random, but it originally started after I made parody lyrics of a song in the "New Website Looks Great" thread. Carbon made a little comment about how there could be a possibility of merch...
Also, is that a suggestion I hear in the lyrics, future t-shirts and hats? It is very possible! JoyFreak, live on long!
and although I hadn't planned on making any, I decided to make some as an experiment. So JoyFreak has some semi-official merchandise now!

All four pieces of merchandise have witty comments and a tiny, tiny piece of text at the end that reads: "Designed by xenonVirus, inspired by Carbon et. al." (Et. al. meaning every single other member of the forum. Considering there are 912 of them, it would be hard to fit everyone's name on one piece of merchandise.

Without further ado, here are the four pieces of merchandise:
  1. JoyFreak shirt - the first one I made. Pretty simple concept, really. Has the JoyFreak logo on the front and back, as well as captions which I don't feel like spoiling. (I think it's cooler if you figure it out for yourself :) )
  2. JoyFreak hat. Pretty much identical in terms of logo and sayings, although it's a little snarkier than the T-shirt. (Read the left and right sides of the hat - you won't be disappointed.)
  3. JoyFreak mug. Like a coffee mug, but with the JoyFreak logo and a very simple premise.
  4. JoyFreak phone case. Made for the iPhone X (because that was the easiest option for me.) Obviously, I don't think we should only sell phone cases for the iPhone X, but that's the case right now. (Of course, it may change.)
I'm actually quite delighted by how they turned out. I hope you enjoy them as much as me. (These are just prototypes at the moment, so they're not final.)

If any of you would like to put funny quotes on the merch, feel free to submit your ideas right in this thread.

That's all!

This is just pure genius! I absolutely adore every single one of your captions! I would totally buy the phone case if it came in the iPhone 11. I hope people love it as much as I have! Good work, must have taken you a while!

Hmm. iPhone 11, you say?
Well, I have just the thing!

JFiphone11case.jpg

Okay, I think I fixed the problem. Here's the new link, which should work. If it doesn't, there's still the screenshot.

(I tested it by signing out and visiting the link - it didn't ask me to sign in. I then signed in, and it worked fine. I did the same thing on Incognito mode and it let me see the phone case.)

If you still have any problem, let me know about it, and I'll do my best to solve it.

Mug and T shirt along with Hoodie variations would be good. I think there needs to be some other mascot with new logo. I am sure that would make the merch more attractive.

Its was just an idea put together to help promote if you read it says concept (general idea)

I'm sure if things got serious it be given to a professional to create :)

Its was just an idea put together to help promote if you read it says concept (general idea)

I'm sure if things got serious it be given to a professional to create :)

I'm not a professional, by any means of the word. This was just a concept that I wanted to try out.

I think that there should be a "point" system and a series of ranks that go up and down depending on how many posts the user has (or a better option would be their reputation/reaction score count.) I think that the ranks should be based on gaming terms.
I also think that earning ranks should start off easy (from 0 to 5, and 5 to 10) but should be more difficult (for example, 500 to 1000 and 1000 to 2500).
To be honest, 5000 posts is a pretty good cutoff of Gaming Immortal because anything more wouldn't be necessary - unless the time comes for a higher rank.) There's one more rank called Gaming Legend, with 10,000 posts. It'll take a while to get there! ;)

Post Count
0-5*: Camper (it would be 1, but xenForo recommends that a post minimum of 0 is provided.) => 1 pip
5-10: Hacker => 2 pips
10-50: Keyboarder => 3 pips
50-100: Aimbotter => 4 pips
100-500: Hardcore Button Masher => 5 pips
500-1000: Tireless Contributor => 6 pips
1000-2500: Hardcore Gamer => 7 pips
2500-5000 Gaming God => 8 pips
5000-10000: Gaming Immortal => 9 pips
10000+: Gaming Legend => 10 pips

*The 0 post count means that anyone who joins automatically gets the role.

To set up new ranks, you'd need to go into the user title ladder and set a rank for each number of posts.

Reputation Count (in regards to rank) - this is the other thing that may work out if the post count ranks don't.
0-10: Camper = 1 pip
10-50: Keyboarder => 2 pips
50-100: Aimbotter => 3 pips
100-200: Hardcore Button Masher => 4 pips
200-250: Tireless Contributor => 5 pips
250-300: Hardcore Gamer => 6 pips
300-500: Gaming God => 7 pips
500-750: Gaming Immortal => 8 pips
750-1000: Gaming Legend => 9 pips
1000+: Gaming Transcendent = 10 pips
(This refers to the amount of likes you have. So to get Gaming God, you'd need at least 300 likes.)

I like this idea. I will look into implementing something like this. Thanks for your suggestion!

Bronze Joystick - Remain a member of the forum for two years.
Silver Joystick - Remain a member of the forum for three years.
Golden Joystick - Remain a member of the forum for four years.
Platinum Joystick - Remain a member of the forum for five years.
------
Member of the Squad - Join JoyFreak.
New Contributor - Make your first post.
Conversationalist - Make 100 posts.
Chatterbox - Make 1000 posts.
Motormouth - Make 10,000 posts.

Reactions
The Comedian - Get 25 "Haha" reactions.
The Heart - Get 25 "Love" reactions.
The Bamboozler - Get 25 "Wow" reactions.
The Empathizer - Get 25 "Sad" reactions.
The Polarizer - Get 25 "Angry" reactions.
Jack of All Trades - Get one of every reaction type (Like, Haha, Love, Wow, Sad, Angry).

I think something like 0 to 100 should be in count stack. Like each incremental rank should be at 100 post and high. Lower just makes it easy for people to spam.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back