News Student blows his university savings on video game

22_22

Newcomer
Trophies

A lot of young people especially love to spend money on gaming. Many of them purchase player-packs in FIFA in hopes of finding that illustrious Ronaldo or Messi card. The one card that could transcend their fortunes and allow them to build a magnificent team, or to show off in front of their friends. The odds for this, however, are very thin and most, in fact, end up losing a lot of coins. But for some like this unfortunate fella in the article, it resorted to real life misfortune.

FUT (and HUT in the NHL series) are why the EA games are getting worse and worse every year. No innovation, just new ways to get you to spend money on worthless packs. Once you get that Ronaldo or Messi, then what? You can't re-sell it for actual cash later, and how much has your $60 investment now become in order to get something intangible that will be worthless the second the next iteration of the game comes out? I played FUT and HUT the first year they were introduced and I've avoided them like the plague ever since. Don't want to waste my time getting involved in a feature like that with the potential for addiction that carries over every single year. Ludicrous.

Loot boxes in general are just plain awful.

What an idiot. I would use that money for university and spend years learning, then get a good real job and earn as much as I can then buy all the games I want.

What an idiot, hopefully that PC keeps his power on and food in his fridge.

I want to call him an idiot like the other people that have wasted huge amounts of money for games like this but he actually seems like someone that that deserves a bit of sympathy. Finding out his mum couldn't have been easy.

I think this shows why this type of DLC should not be allowed - how is it possible for a game to have £3k of additional content? Madness.

At this point, I don't feel surprised. I remember there are people who blew like 20 k to 50 k in the fallout game. And there are many people who literally buy everything in the micro transaction games. Not something I'd go for if you ask me. I play free games because I can't afford those 5k worth of items and the skins.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back