Steam or Epic Games Store?

Alexander.

Trophies
Choosing between Steam and the Epic Games Store which do you prefer? Which game shop do you use the most? What are your reasons as to why? Epic Store is my preference and favourite. It's much easier to navigate my way around and the user interface is excellent. It looks cleaner and I can find what video game I'm after in a matter of minutes.

I think I personally have no specific demand on store. As long as my games and the keys are safe. And I get to play the game years after the purchase and the data remains on their server, I am fine with it.

EPIC have lots of free games every week but as far as buying games go just go for the cheeper one.

Been using Steam a lot, but in the last period I am preferring Epic Store

I prefer Steam cause it has wider selection of games and accessibility, seems more reliable than Epic Games and overall, the community aspect is a nice addition to the overall gaming experience on the platform. Also, it's really neat that you can buy Steam gift cards and then get Steam games, which is kinda cheaper and pays off in the long run. I mean, yeah, Epic does give free games once in a while, the GTA V was a very nice surprise, but still, I will probably always prefer Steam, they have sales and free games too if that is important, soooo

I use both. I have some games on one and the other. They both offer something different for me. The UI doesn’t bother me on either, both seem easy to navigate etc. As always, it depends on what I want to play and if either store offers that. I’m always one to take advantage of the free offers they both offer.

I have a couple games on each. Only downloaded Epic Games for Civilizations 6 that they were giving away for free.

The price was right...

I have a couple games on each. Only downloaded Epic Games for Civilizations 6 that they were giving away for free.

The price was right...
Civilizations 6 is a decent game, I got it on the free offer on Epic Games too. Everyone loves a free game ?

Steam mainly because it works with GeForce Now. I only play ETS 2 on my laptop and I use GeForce Now to stream it instead of having to download the whole game. It's a great experience and I'm glad Steam works with it.

That's like saying a little road is better than a highway because the highway also has a shoulder that gets covered in dirt and the little road doesn't have a shoulder. So the little road is higher quality because it doesn't have as much dirt on it.

But let's be real. Anyway, I googled for comparison because I like the UI feel of Epic Games launcher and I hope Steam updates theirs soon. But it will be hard to come up with something newer without negatively impacting someone somewhere. That's inertia for you.

Steam is superior. Epic is obviously trying to capture market share from Steam with self-liquidating offers like GTA5 or Civ6. I got Epic Launcher to play Satisfaction, but the launcher itself didn't even run out of the box without making modifications to the launch shortcut. I'm also finding frequent display errors. It will be interesting to see Epic's next moves after giving away lots of $30 games.

Greetings fellow gamers. Another week has gone by and EPIC is offering yet another free game. This week's game is OVERCOOKED.
Overcooked is a chaotic couch co-op cooking game for one to four players. Working as a team, you and your fellow chefs must prepare, cook and serve up a variety of tasty orders before the baying customers storm out in a huff. Sharpen your knives and dust off your chef’s whites, there isn’t mushroom for error and the steaks are high in these crazy kitchens!

Last edited:
I prefer Steam for sure but the Epic store has some great free games that I have been taking advantage of. I just move them to my Steam library then :p

I don’t have a preference for either. They both mean the same to me. GTA V for free on the Epic Games Store was a nice touch and I haven’t been gaming on PC long enough to know of any good Steam giveaway. For that reason, if I have to pick one, I will probably edge towards Epic Games Store.

I am a Steam user till date and i never know that "Epic Games Store" existed. I prefer to have my games in Steam collection for easy access.

What video games do you all have through Epic Games? How much would you say that you've spent on titles through Epic? Right now, I only have two purchases, one of which is installed. I was hoping to install both however my Laptop doesn't have enough hard drive memory. GTA 5 and Fortnite, with Grand Theft Auto Five are on my device.

One good thing about Epic that they release and do free games each month

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back