News State of Decay 3 announced for Xbox Series X and PC

Clout

Trophies
Watch the official announce trailer for State of Decay 3 and see what’s in store for the next chapter in State of Decay.

Play State of Decay 3 day 1 with Xbox Game Pass.

Yep. I saw that clip with the zombie deer, and I was like holy shit. The thing is, I've never played the other two, but they do remind me so much of Days Gone. I've never played them because I didn't get the Xbox One, and I heard the co-op campaign was underwhelming.

And the full price if you are not on the game pass :p

I never played the others, won't get into this. then again I might have the first game on steam LOL

Quite enjoyed the first game, but graphically looks quite dated. Interested in picking up the 2nd on the PC, but is it much better than the first graphically?

I found State of decay novel but buggy and a little under developed State of decay 2 was just a fresh coat of paint with all the same problems maybe third times the charm?

Quite enjoyed the first game, but graphically looks quite dated. Interested in picking up the 2nd on the PC, but is it much better than the first graphically?
That's what I though. Hopefully it doesn't feel as dated as it looks.

In preparation for The Last of Us Part II, I played through the first game, as well as Days Gone. If the State of Decay games are like those, with a really done up story based campaign, maybe I'll try to pick up the Xbox One if it's dirt cheap now. But I can imagine there's a lot of repetition behind some of it. :)

In preparation for The Last of Us Part II, I played through the first game, as well as Days Gone. If the State of Decay games are like those, with a really done up story based campaign, maybe I'll try to pick up the Xbox One if it's dirt cheap now. But I can imagine there's a lot of repetition behind some of it. :)
State of Decay is nothing like The Last of Us (not played Days Gone yet but suspect different). It is a kind of action game crossed with resources management. You have a small team of people (that you can choose who you control) and have missions that move the game along. During these missions, some people can die (not scripted, just if you get overwhelmed etc) and you can also recruit new people into your camp.

In Days Gone, you do more or less the same type of missions. You don't travel by foot much though. You mostly use a motorcycle.

I think that game is so underrated. It's a long game, that took me 2 weeks to complete. But nobody on the Internet seems to like it. :D

In Days Gone, you do more or less the same type of missions. You don't travel by foot much though. You mostly use a motorcycle.

I think that game is so underrated. It's a long game, that took me 2 weeks to complete. But nobody on the Internet seems to like it. :D
I didn't travel by foot much in State of Decay (apart from at the start and moving between close buildings). Cars all the way outside of that.

I've played the First it was ok. The Second one I couldn't stop playing it. I got my community I maxed out. I now play on Nightmare Mode. Now there's a 3rd one coming out. That definitely got my attention. Excited what the 3rd one is going to deliver. Wasn't expecting them to make a 3rd.

Unless the heavily anticipated Silent Hill game is exclusive to this upcoming Xbox console, I don't see the need to buy one just for one or two games.

I think the State of Decay games are also available for Windows, but they don't seem especially groundbreaking. If not, it's no big deal. I'm probably going to have to get a PS5 anyway, as they normally get all of the exclusives, but I think the Xbox is supposed to be more powerful. I don't know what they mean by that...

Unless the heavily anticipated Silent Hill game is exclusive to this upcoming Xbox console, I don't see the need to buy one just for one or two games.

I think the State of Decay games are also available for Windows, but they don't seem especially groundbreaking. If not, it's no big deal. I'm probably going to have to get a PS5 anyway, as they normally get all of the exclusives, but I think the Xbox is supposed to be more powerful. I don't know what they mean by that...
PC and PS4 were a good combo last/this gen as a lot of the Xbox exclusives (including this) came to the PC. Next gen should be the same.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back