Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile sequels are up to Square Enix, says developer tri-Ace

Maddox

Trophies
Interviewer:Valkyrie Profile is celebrating its 20th anniversary, so many wish to see a sequel for the collaboration scenario. Moreover, Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile were both initially console series. Many fans are expecting new console games. Do you have any plans regarding that?”

Yoshiharu Gotanda: “I know many fans are awaiting new console games for both series. But to be honest, the only thing you can do is ask the games’ publisher, Square Enix, about it. It’s complicated business-wise. (bitter laugh). So we can’t say anything concrete regarding new games.”

Interviewer: “Game development is a business, so whether a franchise is profitable or not is a huge prerequisite for a new game to happen. There’s also the company’s schedule and staff availability to think about.”

Yoshiharu Gotanda: “We hope that we can keep making many new games in the future. But for now, we can only do what we can. That’s all I can say.”

Interviewer: “I’m happy you do feel like making more games so I’ll leave it at that. I’m sure every Tri-Ace fan is looking forward to more games.”

Yoshiharu Gotanda: “Thank you. It’s thanks to all the fans and their intense support we were able to organize events like this in the first place. We always try our utmost to meet everyone’s expectations. I know you might be disappointed sometimes with how things turn out. Even so, I hope you will keep supporting us.”

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back