Square Enix shares a statement on E3 2020 cancellation

square-enix.jpg

Square Enix has shared a statement on Twitter regarding the cancellation of E3 2020.

As the world has echoed and united, nothing is more important than protecting the health and well-being of our employees and their families, our partners, and unquestionably, our fans. We support the ESA’s decision to cancel E3 2020 and send our strongest heartfelt appreciation to everyone that works tirelessly to bring unforgettable games and experiences to E3.
Square Enix on Twitter.

The statement goes on to express sadness and assert that it’s 2020 lineup is “stronger than ever” but haven't detailed how Square Enix will showcase upcoming titles now that E3 2020 has been cancelled.

Yesterday, Xbox, Ubisoft and Devolver have announced digital press conferences in place of E3 2020 cancellation.

Nice thing about SE, they can always jump onto someone's conference and show off their stuff, if they don't just want to post a youtube video.

Not just SE but everyone should cancel anything upto June. Because we don't know what is set out to happen. And in context of corona, I think nobody needs a new game when there is a crisis going on.

Not just SE but everyone should cancel anything upto June. Because we don't know what is set out to happen. And in context of corona, I think nobody needs a new game when there is a crisis going on.

I think at this point everything has been canceled, well everything but the Olympics.

I am sure even the olympics will be postponed too. The way things are going on around the world. It'd be possible that things may not be good. So yeah most of the public stuff needs to be reduced as much as possible.

I am sure even the olympics will be postponed too. The way things are going on around the world. It'd be possible that things may not be good. So yeah most of the public stuff needs to be reduced as much as possible.

They really can't, millions of money has been put into it, the people that are going to play in it spent 4 or more years getting ready. To call it off would be just as devastating as in having it.

Money is put into it but risking the life of the sports people and also the people who maintained the event. Not worth it in the long run to be honest.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back