Spider-Man Remastered on PS5 won’t be offered as standalone game

spider-man-remastered-on-ps5-won’t-be-offered-as-standalone-game.jpg

Spider-Man Remastered on PS5 will not be offered as a standalone game, meaning only those who have Spider-Man Miles Morales will be able to play it, Sony has confirmed.

The news comes after IGN received a confirmation statement about the matter from the publisher.

Sony said:
Spider-Man: Remastered is an enhanced version of… Spider-Man, and is included as part of… Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for the PlayStation 5. In addition, players who purchase… Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PlayStation 4 can upgrade at no additional cost to the PS5 version of… Spider-Man: Miles Morales and can take advantage of a paid-upgrade to download… Spider-Man: Remastered. There are no plans currently to offer… Spider-Man: Remastered as a standalone.

In terms of upgrade paths, those who own the original Spider-Man on PS4 don’t have any entitlements to the remaster whatsoever (but can play that game on PS5 for free via backwards compatibility), while those on PS4 or PS5 can choose to purchase a copy of Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition.

Spider-Man Miles Morales heads to PS4 and PS5 on the launch day of the PS5, November 12.

They are just trying to make as much money before they release it as a standalone.

The spiderman games are so fun. I get so frustrated that the game isn't playable on Xbox One and the only game you can play is on Playstation. But it is an exclusive and it's quite a shame that Xbox won't pay the developers to have it shipped over. But well what can you say.

Odd they would do this, but since I still have yet to get it, it will be a great buy for me on PS5.

Never played any of the games anyway. But people will still buy it if it's not even offered right

It really does look great and I haven't played it so will probably get it at some point when the price drops a bit. It's not a huge problem for first time buyers I guess

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back