Spider-Man Remastered for PS5 changes Peter Parker's face

ben-jordan-peter-parker-spider-man-remastered.jpg

Spider-Man Remastered for PS5 will change Peter Parker’s face, developer Insomniac Games has confirmed alongside a number of other changes.

James Stevenson, Community Director, wrote:
In order to bring the best performances to players with our next-generation Marvel’s Spider-Man games, we have recast the face of Peter Parker.

We loved working with John Bubniak on the original game; however, to get a better match to Peter Parker/Spider-Man actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture, we have cast Ben Jordan to be the face model for Peter Parker on the PS5 console. He looks incredible in-game, and Yuri’s moving performances take on a new life.

There's been mixed reactions from fans, with some applauding a Peter that looks more realistic (and younger as the character is aged 23 in game) in appearance, while others are slamming the choice of Jordan somewhat resembling MCU actor Tom Holland.

Furthermore, Spider-Man Remastered will also run at 60FPS via a new Performance Mode alongside upgraded textures and more. You can get a look at the new Performance Mode in the video below.

Spider-Man Remastered heads to PS5 alongside Spider-Man Miles Morales on 12 November. Miles Morales will be available on both PS4 and PS5 that day, though the game’s Ultimate Edition is required to play as the remastered Peter Parker on next-gen. It’s also been confirmed that old PS4 game saves will not work within Spider-Man Remastered on PS5.

This really caught me off guard, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it even now. I think he looks too young now. He's supposed to be older than Miles, but now Miles looks older. I'll reserve judgment until I see more pivotal scenes with the new model, but right now I'm apprehensive about it.

Looks very scary game indeed, well I can see that the graphics of the game looks good for this remastered edition.

Didn't play the original so not sure what to make of it. Just looking forward to trying it out for the first time on the PS5 though

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back