News Sony to increase PS5 production by 50%

Clout

Trophies
Meanwhile Sony, the world's No. 2 video game console maker after Nintendo by shipments, has also raised production orders for its upcoming PlayStation 5 to around 9 million units, from the roughly 6 million units it had planned in spring, sources familiar with the matter said. The PlayStation 5 is the first completely new generation of the console in seven years, after the Japanese company launched the PlayStation 4 in 2013 and an upgrade in 2016.

I think it's going to be sold out no matter what.

Agreed, new generations always sell out at launch, and people always end up flipping them on ebay for double the price. Not to mention launch consoles typically have defects in them, so it's better to simply bide your time, let them iron out the production and then go from there. I tend to wait about a year before I buy into the new generation, just to be safe. Hype's died down, consoles are on shelves and there's a decent library of games to pick up by then.

Agreed, new generations always sell out at launch, and people always end up flipping them on ebay for double the price. Not to mention launch consoles typically have defects in them, so it's better to simply bide your time, let them iron out the production and then go from there. I tend to wait about a year before I buy into the new generation, just to be safe. Hype's died down, consoles are on shelves and there's a decent library of games to pick up by then.
I'm hoping there's enough to go round as I'm looking to buy it but not from day 1.

So production massively slowed during corona anyway? So it's back to normal now? Or still even lower than normal?

I think they might be hurting themselves with this one, there is a good chance they will have to shut down factories again and slow production given the corna.

I think they might be hurting themselves with this one, there is a good chance they will have to shut down factories again and slow production given the corna.
I'd imagine they'd be sold out anyway.

They'll probably still sell out in a week. The hype for the PS5 seems so strong.

I think current demand is nothing. I am sure by the time we reach October, the demand all over the world will increase. As of now the demand is under control. And things are just getting started in context of the economy. Once out they will be running out of stock in 1 week or 1 month with many black market dealers out.

The hype for both next-generation consoles is going to be very high by the time they come out so it's going to be sold out very quickly even with the increased amount.

From what I have noticed PS 5 is leading very strongly in the hype and not just that they have pre orders from around the world. It will only get crazily sold over other nations. We are going to see how that goes in near future. Production of xbox side woould be not that much in demand if we see the news and the twitter demand.

The hype for the PS5 can only be called meteoric. I won't buy it on Day One because it'll hit the shelves at an obscene price, but I'll wait until the cost dies down to evaluate if I want to get a PS5 for myself.

And, yeah, let's face it, even with Sony increasing their production by half, it'll almost certainly be sold out a month or two after release. There's a truly crazy amount of hype surrounding the PS5, and I expect that hype to correlate with the sales on release.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back