News Sony issues refunds for Cyberpunk 2077 after complaints about performance

Miles

Trophies
One Reddit user claimed on Saturday that he was able to receive a refund on his digital PS4 game by calling PlayStation’s support line.

“I had to file a support claim online and sit on hold for over an hour to speak with someone, however they were quick to issue the refund and then delete the game off my library.”

Other users in the same Reddit thread claimed they were also able to get a refund by contacting PlayStation support.

Sony introduced a new PlayStation Store refund policy last year which gives users 14 days to cancel PS4 digital purchases.

The terms cover pre-ordered content, as well as released games and DLC that players have not yet started to download or stream.

In cases where the user has started to download or stream purchased content, they are not eligible for a refund unless the content is “faulty”.

Even Sony thinks the game is not ready to be released.

I don't get it either, as I tend not to enjoy FPS, but each to their own.
My understanding is that it is an RPG, just that the gunplay has FPS elements. I'm interested in getting this but I don't know when or on what platform. PS4 is out of the question and I'm not sure how well it will run on my PC. Hopefully PC version will get some decent optimization or I'll get a PS5 at some point.

My understanding is that it is an RPG, just that the gunplay has FPS elements. I'm interested in getting this but I don't know when or on what platform. PS4 is out of the question and I'm not sure how well it will run on my PC. Hopefully PC version will get some decent optimization or I'll get a PS5 at some point.
Oh, PC is definitely the platform to go if you have the high end stuff. For myself I'd rather go PC purely for Keyboard and Mouse controls for FPS as I don't see myself playing FPS in another way. I'd wait a bit till they release the upgrade patch or finish patching the PC version.

I did very much enjoy Witcher 3, but the whole first person aspect with Cyberpunk when body customisation is a thing made me less interested.

I don't get it either, as I tend not to enjoy FPS, but each to their own.
Cybepunk is not an FPS though, the only FPS part is the combat aspect.
Mostly the focus will be on the story and sidequest which were pretty great in witcher 3 and i hope it will be the same case here.
I bought the game on PC and started playing (around 4 hours) and so far its pretty good but there are technical problems. The biggest one is the LOD loading outside building. Everything that is movable looks like a box until you come 1m in front of it and its kinda jarring to see.
131224824_737185050236033_7882302096517717668_n.jpg

I hope that will be fixed soon

I’ve been playing this game literally nonstop on Stadia, and have seen little to no bugs. Granted I have seen the gameplay videos showing some major issues on last gen. But I believe they will fix the bugs sooner than later. CD Projekt Red is a developer I actually believe in.

Oh, PC is definitely the platform to go if you have the high end stuff. For myself I'd rather go PC purely for Keyboard and Mouse controls for FPS as I don't see myself playing FPS in another way. I'd wait a bit till they release the upgrade patch or finish patching the PC version.

I did very much enjoy Witcher 3, but the whole first person aspect with Cyberpunk when body customisation is a thing made me less interested.
I prefer controller and use this on all my PC games. Wasn't overly keen on Witcher 3, only just got round to playing it this year! Have the DLC but waiting for the alleged graphical update before starting it.

I prefer controller and use this on all my PC games. Wasn't overly keen on Witcher 3, only just got round to playing it this year! Have the DLC but waiting for the alleged graphical update before starting it.
Witcher 3 sucked ass tho

I wouldn't say it was that bad, but do wonder how some people can claim it is the best game ever!
I think it was one of the better games i played in last few years. Im not a big rpg fan so i spiked quite a few rpg titles but i really enjoyed witcher.
The visual presentation and soundtrack were excellent, with skelige main theme being a true highlight for me. Story was pretty good as well with some interesting sidequest + expansions.
I know some people hate the combat it had but for me it was okay, nothing too spectacular but it did its job. And maybe the most important part, riding through the world was quite enjoyable. That aspect is hard to get and explain why it is so enjoyable here unlike Ghost of Tsushima which i dropped after few hours.

But in the end everyone likes different things, some games are good for you that i dont enjoy and vice versa.
For most people Witcher 3 seemed to be a great game.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back