Sony delays PS5 price due to competitor, Microsoft’s Xbox Series X

ps5-logo-white.jpg

Sony has advised they will not set a price on the PS5 yet as it will depend on the price of competitor, Microsoft’s Xbox Series X.

CFO Hiroki Totoki, said in an earnings call that several factors will play a role in the PS5’s initial recommended retail price.

Totoki via translation:
“First, we must absolutely control the labour cost, the personnel cost. We will definitely control that. How much can we prepare initially, we will work on the production and the sales and we will have to prepare the right volume."
"What is not very clear or visible is – because we are competing in this space – it’s very difficult to discuss anything about the price at this point. Depending upon the price level, we may have to determine the promotion that we are going to deploy and how much costs we are prepared to pay. So it’s a question of balance.”
Sony has updated its website to include a portal for the PS5 but no information regarding the price was shared.

This is what sucks about a same year release date, both companies are slowly edging forward, wanting the other to act first.

That is odd. I mean Sony gets threatened by Microsoft. Must be bad financial wise if you ask me. They were never like this in past.

I'm sure it will have a $400 to $500 price tag, anymore and they would see the same results of the PS3 fiasco.

I personally think the price tag would be 449$ to 499$ something. But anything above 500 would be pretty denty on the wallet.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back