Sony cancels PAX East plans due to fear of coronavirus

playstation-logo.png

Sony has cancelled their plans to attend PAX East due to “increasing concerns” over the coronavirus.

Today, Sony Interactive Entertainment made the decision to cancel its participation at PAX East in Boston this year due to increasing concerns related to COVID-19 (also known as “novel coronavirus”).
PlayStation Blog

We felt this was the safest option as the situation is changing daily. We are disappointed to cancel our participation in this event, but the health and safety of our global workforce is our highest concern.
Sony was going to showcase The Last of Us Part 2 and Media Molecule’s Dreams at the event, alongside Iron Man VR, Nioh 2, Doom Eternal and Spelunky 2.

The coronavirus has already affected Nintendo Switch stocks, the Switch release of The Outer Worlds and the Taipei Game Show.

Hahahahah...ha.... yeah not buying it. There is one case in the PAX area, which was contain weeks ago from what I understand. There shouldn't be much risk unless there is a bunch of people from the Asia area coming in for it.

Not surprised though. This is getting serious. People are afraid to even go from one city to another now. So I am thinking it's reasonable on their end to cancel the events. Also they are delaying the potential launch is also reasonable.

Not surprised though. This is getting serious. People are afraid to even go from one city to another now. So I am thinking it's reasonable on their end to cancel the events. Also they are delaying the potential launch is also reasonable.

hopefully they don't delay the launch, sony really needs a new console in their profits.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back