Sony aren't being clear on Spider-Man Miles Morales

WillWJN

Newcomer
Trophies
Honestly, I'm just a bit frustrated that they're dancing around crucial details like actual enhanced content, whether or not its standalone, and the actual price!

Source:

With the Sony PS5 'Future of Gaming' event giving us a glimpse at Insomniac Games Spider-Man Miles Morales we've all been searching for more answers. Whilst Sony have given some details, it seems they are still holding out quite a lot on us. We don't know price, a solid release date, what the content actually is, and if we'll need to buy the whole game again (let's hope not).

To clear it up first, Simon Rutter - Sony Interactive Entertainment's Executive Vice President of European Business, has sat down with The Telegraph and given some details. However anything overly concrete on Spider-Man Miles Morales isn't present.

Here's a quote on that article from CBR.com:

"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game," Rutter said. "There's a substantial Miles Morales component -- which is the expansion element -- but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

So we should be seeing Marvel's Spider-Man come to PS5, but will it be a complete edition alongside an available standalone version of Spider-Man Miles Morales? Or do you have to buy a full version just to get this extra content? As of right now we don't know. We also don't have any sort of concrete release date, just that it's coming holiday 2020. We can safely assume that means it's either a launch title or coming soon after launch for PS5.

Language hints that Spider-Man Miles Morales will at least be integrated into the base game of Marvel's Spider-Man, and this statement from Sony themselves clears some details up:

"The latest adventure in the Spider-Man universe will build on and expand Marvel’s Spider-Man through an all-new story. Players will experience the rise of Miles Morales as he masters new powers to become his own Spider-Man. With PS5’s ultra-fast SSD, players can near-instantaneously fast-travel across Marvel’s New York City, or feel the tension of each one of Miles’s web-swings, punches, web shots, and venom blasts with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback. Highly-detailed character models and enhanced visuals across the game intensify the story of Miles Morales as he faces great, new challenges while learning to be his own Spider-Man."

Again, crucial details are missing. We don't know price-points, when we'll be getting this expansion, or whether or not it will also be stand alone or if we'll need to buy the base game again. Sony aren't even being clear about it perhaps coming to PS4, although talk of 'enhancements' probably means it isn't.

Sony seem to be giving just enough information to sell Spider-Man on PS5, but not enough to tell us exactly what's going on. Only time will tell.

Looks like they've come out and confirmed that it is a standalone game so that is good news. It's weird that a Sony rep confirmed the opposite earlier but I'm glad they've clarified it now.

Looks like they've come out and confirmed that it is a standalone game so that is good news. It's weird that a Sony rep confirmed the opposite earlier but I'm glad they've clarified it now.

Saw that as well, you think they would have made it clear in the event yesterday.

It's good that they are releasing the standalone games. I am guessing this is more or less to test the PS 5 SDK and showing the developer preview sort of the game. That is why they have limited investment on it. Based on their answers pretty much this is what I can think of.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back