Sony apologizes for PS5 pre-orders, promises more stock

sony-apologizes-for-ps5-pre-orders-promises-more-stock.jpg

Sony has apologized after a chaotic week of PS5 pre-orders, assuring potential buyers that more stock is on the way.

Sony said in a tweet:
Let’s be honest: PS5 preorders could have been a lot smoother. We truly apologize for that. Over the next few days, we will release more PS5 consoles for preorder – retailers will share more details.

Sony was criticized for a hectic and last-minute pre-order rush, after repeated assurances that customers would receive notice before pre-orders went live. However, PS5 pre-orders went live shortly after last week’s PS5 showcase despite Sony taking to social media and saying pre-orders would start the following day.

Sony has also advised that more PS5s will be available through the end of the year.

PS5 heads to retail stores on November 12.

i just pre ordered mines from Playstation 5 site mailed them after and was told still all ok for dates for what they know

I've been watching but haven't seen any increase in pre-orders. Gamestop reddit is still having employees complain about no stock to give pre-orders on.

Yeah, I'm not sure if many UK retailers ever got any more pre-order stock especially for delivery by launch. Maybe I haven't been paying attention to it though

I wouldn't be surprised if they can only gain more stock for after the launch date.

Christmas is going to be very interesting. I wonder if they will have enough stock to release a decent amount around the world.

As far as I know, aside from one obscure online reseller, absolutely no new stock landed anywhere in the US since Sony's statement a month ago.

I wish online retailers were forced to only accept preorders from customers with valid accounts that had verified email addresses and payment methods already saved. That would cut down significantly on the botting that gobbles up thousands of units in seconds.

And my opinion: Sony should have stopped producing PS4's for a month or two prior to launch and asked their partners to retool to only produce PS5's. Those supply lines and warehouses are built to change on the fly like that. Let's face it, Sony will sell PS5's as quickly as they can make them at this rate for the foreseeable future, so why not kick up production by a good 100 - 200% by eliminating the production of their older console for a while? It shouldn't be so dramatically difficult to purchase a $500 piece of technology these days that has presumably been in production for several months.

Hoping sooner than later. I still have yet to find one. Got my Series X preorder in though.

Christmas is going to be very interesting. I wonder if they will have enough stock to release a decent amount around the world.

I'm just glad to not be a retail employee or a gamestop associate.

Certain places are doing an appointment system for the release so that should hopefully make it better for some retail workers.

Certain places are doing an appointment system for the release so that should hopefully make it better for some retail workers.
it's only going to cause more issues then if they just went with a "form a line" approach. But considering that the whole corona thing is still going about, most will prob just buy it online but those that do go in person and waiting to go inside is just going to cause the parking lots to get filled, most likely.

should be an interesting site to see, I might walk down to my local retailer and see how they handle the PS5 launch.

I wish that statement had aged well. As far as I know, only obscure stores and GameStop's bundle ever materialized.

It's not going to help, day after people are going to come in and be appalled that they are out of the system.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back