Are you someone who sleeps well or has sleeping issues?

Joshua Farrell

Newcomer
Trophies
Do you sleep well, or are you like me and only sleep for around 5 hours a night? I can fall asleep but fail to stay asleep past 5 hours most nights, and can sleep and still be awake (so I have been told). It is a little annoying, when I am trying to make up for loss of sleep and feeling more tired than normal. The way I found to force myself to sleep for 8 or more hours, is to literally sleep deprive myself for a good week or more, so that my body shuts down for a good 7 hours before it wakes up, still tired.

What about you? Can you sleep well, or do you have issues, where you cannot stay asleep for long periods of time?

I have phases of having really good, or pretty terrible sleep.

A couple of years ago I went through a phase of insomnia which wasn't at all fun. I was sleeping for somewhere between 1-3 hours per night, and no matter what I tried I would be unable to get back to sleep after waking up.. This lasted for about 6 months.

Thankfully I'm now having a really good phase of sleep. I'll go to bed around 10.30pm (or earlier if I feel tired), and usually sleep through to my alarm at 6.30am unless my daughter wakes up during the night, which thankfully doesn't happen too often.

I struggle to wake up in the morning but once I'm up, I'm usually good for the rest of the day. I do struggle to sleep sometimes although that's mostly my fault for watching TV shows till late.

If my room is nice and cool and I have some heavy blankets on I will sleep pretty well. But if its hot and I'm not feeling well I can be rather restless through the night.

I often go in phases where I can either only sleep for around 4 - 5 hours on a night and then I can't sleep anymore or where I will sleep for around 12 hours or more and that is usually because it was much needed. I find my sleep patterns for how long I sleep vary every so often to the point of where I now let my body tell me when it's had enough sleep. As long as I am feeling okay throughout the day on the amount of sleep I have had, I am quite happy.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back