Skater XL game update 0.2.0.0B adds “a new level of control and possibilities for player creativity”, confirms Easy Day Studios.
The updates are part of the Public Beta branch of the game and are detailed below. While game update 0.1.0.0B released in September 2019 will be moved to the main version of the Steam Early Access game.
You can access the update by doing the following:
- Open Steam
- Right-click Skater XL and select Properties
- Select the beta – public beta builds branch
- New animations
- Backside Smith Grind
- Courthouse Line
- Replay Editor Camera Speed
- Replay Clip Length Editing
- Grind physics and friction
- Autopump & Autorevert
- Interaction between character and board during bails now possible
- Reducing ‘sharpness’ filter on game camera for smoother details and edges
- Increasing sample rate & quality of motion blur in LA Courthouse
- Applied “de-light” to khaki pants to remove shadows from 3D scanning process
- Tweaked shadow “cascades” so shadows appear sharper in far distance distance
- Fix bail momentum stopping randomly
- Fix for several causes of glitchy respawns
- Character does not start rolling if spawning on slight slopes until first push
- Turning when stationary board now pivots on back trucks
- Character can be rotated in gear menu with L/R triggers
- More reliable grind exit direction, no more getting caught jumping back and forth trying to exit a grind
- Pin removed from replay editor
- Push speed increases smoothly with each push rather than in one sudden instant
- Improved brake friction
- Removed wheel sounds from menu
- Added collider to LA Courthouse stage roof – have at it!
- Performance improvements
Skater XL is available via Steam Early Access and is also planned for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.