Silent Hills may get released through Sony, report suggests

silent-hill-logo.jpg

Silent Hills may actually get released due to an alleged partnership between Konami and Sony, a new report suggests.

Rely on Horror reports that SIE Japan Studio is planning on a “soft reboot” of the Silent Hill franchise along with Konami, planned for an exclusive release on PS5. Furthermore, Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions studio also have the go-ahead to continue work on Silent Hills, a game Kojima was developing while still at Konami.

A person via a now-deleted 4chan post claimed to be an Konami employee and suggesting that Sony is in the process of obtaining the Castlevania, Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid IPs from Konami directly.

Kojima Productions recently teased what many believe to be Silent Hills. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.

I think the difference between Konami's situation and Capcom's is pretty vast. The Kojima thing was pretty damn huge.

Last edited:
It feels kind of "wrong" to want to play something like Resident Evil or Silent Hill right now, due to the coronavirus commotion. As you know, the former series is about viral outbreaks and death, and shit. Although then one could say the same thing about The Walking Dead, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Z Nation, and any other zombie movie, TV show, book, or video game. :sick:

The show must go on, says Capcom. ?

Rather sadly, the recent rumours have been confirmed as being false by a Konami representative. But they didn't rule out bringing the franchise back completely.

:rolleyes:

At this point, I think Konami should just be left to rot, after purposefully teasing us in their recent tweets. It's not even funny by this point. I know Internet hearsay isn't always much to go on, but it seemed that a lot of people got their hopes up for the franchise to come back after hearing all these rumours, only for Konami to dishearten excited fans once again.

It's been way too long without a sequel. I think at this point, I don't know what to think anymore. But Konami shouldn't have been misleading people with cryptic tweets. Unless they are working on a new game, and just cannot reveal it yet.

At this point, I think Konami should just be left to rot, after purposefully teasing us in their recent tweets. It's not even funny by this point. I know Internet hearsay isn't always much to go on, but it seemed that a lot of people got their hopes up for the franchise to come back after hearing all these rumours, only for Konami to dishearten excited fans once again.

It's been way too long without a sequel. I think at this point, I don't know what to think anymore. But Konami shouldn't have been misleading people with cryptic tweets. Unless they are working on a new game, and just cannot reveal it yet.
I think they just wanted to draw attention because they even know they've diminished over the years.

I'm kind of beginning to think so myself. It's sad. Do they not even realise how special this series is to fans of survival horror? P.T. wasn't just a regular game either. They were really on the verge of something truly groundbreaking, which is why fans still care about it some 5 years later after it got cancelled. But nah. They screwed up.

For all we know, maybe they did talk to Hideo Kojima this year, and maybe this settlement that some fans assumed happened, didn't even happen. Or Konami is covering up something, because they don't want any more backlash.

The new reports say that the games will be delayed and there is nothing in sight this year. So yeah expect few more months or year worth of delay which is kind of sad. But we all are going to experience things in our life any way.

I'm kind of beginning to think so myself. It's sad. Do they not even realise how special this series is to fans of survival horror? P.T. wasn't just a regular game either. They were really on the verge of something truly groundbreaking, which is why fans still care about it some 5 years later after it got cancelled. But nah. They screwed up.

For all we know, maybe they did talk to Hideo Kojima this year, and maybe this settlement that some fans assumed happened, didn't even happen. Or Konami is covering up something, because they don't want any more backlash.
Welcome to corporate gaming where miney comes above all else.

So the news is finally out on all the sites out there. News about the reboot is denied as you can see.

This is a post by "Naroon" on Silent Hill Community, a forum I frequent a lot...

I don't recall any official Konami channel posting any SH-related hints anywhere though? It was just baseless rumors and people freaking out about things that had nothing to do with Konami or SH and trying to connect them to a supposed new game. The "PYRAMID" thing on the pencil for example, 'Pyramid' is just a common brand of pencil and had no correlation to PH or SH. The guy who posted that tweet, Saito, had previously said in December 2019 that he was gonna go "SILENT", which just meant he was taking a break off social media, and then he came back, and that was it lol. The thing they were gonna announce was just more details about the PC version of Death Stranding that hadn't been revealed yet. Everything else was just super-eager fans going into conspiracy theory mode.

The Konami rep outright stated that the rumors aren't true. No official company comes out and says that when it's not factual. Then he went on to reiterate the same thing Konami said like 5 years ago, that they haven't shut the door on the franchise. They said the same thing about other IPs but just about everything has been dormant beyond that MG Survive that hardly anyone liked. I think peeps need to just accept that nothing is in development right now lol.

:poop:

Thank you Konami for the references, that I guess were not intended to even be references.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back