Silent Hill rumours get hotter, thanks to Dusk Golem...

Not a reliable source, chap. They've been proven wrong in the past and mostly provide generic "duh" information that any layperson could surmise on their own. Anyway, it would be nice to see the first three Silent Hill games modernized with today's graphics. I'd be concerned if they attempted an original title without Team Silent.

Dusk Golem has been right about information before.

As for Team Silent not being a part of the series now: I think people just have to accept that it's a different era, and that they've moved on with their lives. It would be a good thing if we would even be getting a new entry at all, considering the last sequel was out over 10 years ago. That isn't to say I want them to treat fans as desperate fools that will just play anything affiliated with the franchise, because it's new. But I think Bloober Team joined Konami specifically so they could work on the series, because Konami's games heavily influenced their own work in the past.

I'm going to hazard a guess that we may never have an all too perfect entry again. I personally like 3 over 2 a bit more, but that's just a personal preference, and 2 is generally considered the pinnacle of the series overall. Maybe it's because the third game is a true sequel to the original. 2 was absolutely separate. They don't even mention Harry Mason, or anyone else.

It's still not a reliable source until it comes from the horse's mouth. Sure, they've been right in the past but on more obvious guesses. Anyway, I thought this chap announced some time ago they were done with speculations?

That's why modernized remakes of the first three game makes the most sense. The lore is too complicated for anyone but Team Silent to truly understand. Anything else might be a Silent Hill game in spirit, but not a true entry in the series.

Well, to be honest, I feel the same way about Shinji Mikami not being with Capcom anymore.

After he left the company, the series gradually went downhill. Even the games that others praise a lot, I didn't think they really felt like Resident Evil games. At least not like how they started out, on the PlayStation.

I think Capcom's move towards Hollywood horror was why Team Silent was disbanded by Konami. Because I think Konami wanted to copy the action horror trend, and that wasn't an ideal fit for for Team Silent. So those idiots at Konami gave the group who are the heart and soul of the franchise, their marching orders.

It's sad. The games were never as good after 2004.

I'm not trying to be ungrateful but it would be nice to see Silent Hill make a triumphant return. It's a lost cause to assume Team Silent will reunite as these chaps have likely moved on to other things. Either way, consider me sold if they do end up doing remakes of the trilogy.

If this particular title does not end up being a new Silent Hill title, then perhaps it could be a spiritual successor of sorts. I'll wait for a credible source before I jump to any conclusions about this one.

Just about everything in the horror genre has been milked to death.

The earlier entries are always the best, but the longer something lasts, it just ends up being silly. Especially if they send it into outer space. It smells of desperation.

So, it looks like your mate Dusk Golem is wrong yet again. This is another Layers of Fear title which should not come as much of a surprise considering the studio involved.

He isn't my mate. I don't even use Twitter.

That isn't to say it may not be revealed at a later date. But it does start to become doubtful when the rumours come and go so constantly. As they have did over the last 2 years.

Will Konami or another studio do something with Silent Hill one day? It seems plausible. But all this vague "it's in development and coming one day" drivel is just an attempt to backpedal and distract from the fact this so-called leaker was wrong and had false information.

I'll feel sad when Clint Eastwood dies.

He hates all that sugar in his coffee. :D

Yeah. Dusk Golem has been a bit sore about being called a liar. So he probably should have thought twice before revealing what he did. But if anything, it gave people all over the globe something to vent over. :(

In other words, not a reliable source and not to be trusted with their so-called "leaks." He's another person that should stick to his guns when he says they are going to retire.

I'd rather not see any more remakes. I was relieved when Naughty Dog announced a "remake" of The Last of Us that was really another remastered release.

Silent Hill is so expensive. They could do a storyline about just about any lost soul. That they've been rumoured to remake the second game just because it's popular, just shows they have Pyramid Head HD fever in their veins. Or at least if that's all true.

Again, none of those so-called leaker's rumors have come to fruition. I didn't believe anything that person said before and this latest blunder only reinforced my position. I have no problem waiting for an official announcement from Konami before I believe any chap claiming to be an "industry insider."

It gets to be quite frustrating though, especially since the last entry was out all the way back in March of 2012.

That's like an eternity, by now. But only time will tell.

?

Just be patient, chap. No doubt Konami is well aware of the fan interest around a revival.

I put expensive instead of expansive.

Anyway, they more than likely could, if Capcom is anything to go by.

Anyway, any thoughts on this Sile..., ahem, Layers of Fears title from Blooper Team?

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back