Silent Hill rumours get hotter, thanks to Dusk Golem...

Bur

Apr 25, 2022
Not a reliable source, chap. They've been proven wrong in the past and mostly provide generic "duh" information that any layperson could surmise on their own. Anyway, it would be nice to see the first three Silent Hill games modernized with today's graphics. I'd be concerned if they attempted an original title without Team Silent.

Tommy Walls

Jun 15, 2019
Dusk Golem has been right about information before.

As for Team Silent not being a part of the series now: I think people just have to accept that it's a different era, and that they've moved on with their lives. It would be a good thing if we would even be getting a new entry at all, considering the last sequel was out over 10 years ago. That isn't to say I want them to treat fans as desperate fools that will just play anything affiliated with the franchise, because it's new. But I think Bloober Team joined Konami specifically so they could work on the series, because Konami's games heavily influenced their own work in the past.

I'm going to hazard a guess that we may never have an all too perfect entry again. I personally like 3 over 2 a bit more, but that's just a personal preference, and 2 is generally considered the pinnacle of the series overall. Maybe it's because the third game is a true sequel to the original. 2 was absolutely separate. They don't even mention Harry Mason, or anyone else.

Bur

Apr 25, 2022
It's still not a reliable source until it comes from the horse's mouth. Sure, they've been right in the past but on more obvious guesses. Anyway, I thought this chap announced some time ago they were done with speculations?

That's why modernized remakes of the first three game makes the most sense. The lore is too complicated for anyone but Team Silent to truly understand. Anything else might be a Silent Hill game in spirit, but not a true entry in the series.

Tommy Walls

Jun 15, 2019
Well, to be honest, I feel the same way about Shinji Mikami not being with Capcom anymore.

After he left the company, the series gradually went downhill. Even the games that others praise a lot, I didn't think they really felt like Resident Evil games. At least not like how they started out, on the PlayStation.

I think Capcom's move towards Hollywood horror was why Team Silent was disbanded by Konami. Because I think Konami wanted to copy the action horror trend, and that wasn't an ideal fit for for Team Silent. So those idiots at Konami gave the group who are the heart and soul of the franchise, their marching orders.

It's sad. The games were never as good after 2004.

Bur

Apr 25, 2022
I'm not trying to be ungrateful but it would be nice to see Silent Hill make a triumphant return. It's a lost cause to assume Team Silent will reunite as these chaps have likely moved on to other things. Either way, consider me sold if they do end up doing remakes of the trilogy.

If this particular title does not end up being a new Silent Hill title, then perhaps it could be a spiritual successor of sorts. I'll wait for a credible source before I jump to any conclusions about this one.

Tommy Walls

Jun 15, 2019
Just about everything in the horror genre has been milked to death.

The earlier entries are always the best, but the longer something lasts, it just ends up being silly. Especially if they send it into outer space. It smells of desperation.