Silent Hill Artist, Masahiro Ito Teases Pyramid Head's Death, Furthering Speculations

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
So the latest hearsay is on the increase and it appears that "Dusk Golem" has been correct again via his Twitter account. Now key Konami related personnel are hinting about the return of the series on social media.

Two games are supposed to be in the works. One is a TellTale type game and the other is apparently a soft reboot. This is what I am hoping for, as I don't want an actual remake of the original. Maybe they could even do a game with a new type of engine, sort of like how Capcom now uses their successful RE Engine technology for remakes, and whatnot.

My interest in the series never wanted much over the years, but the last few sequels were not that good at all. The handheld one in particular was just awful. To me, it was clear that the absence of Team Silent was really beginning to show.

I liked the third one the most, I think. I really liked the section in the mall. In my opinion, it was the perfect way to end the original trilogy, having Heather defeat Claudia to avenge Harry Mason, and the series needs to be restored to that level of glory somehow.

Silent-Hill-Pyramid-Head-Death-New-RUmors.png

So the latest hearsay is on the increase and it appears that "Dusk Golem" has been correct again via his Twitter account. Now key Konami related personnel are hinting about the return of the series on social media.

Two games are supposed to be in the works. One is a TellTale type game and the other is apparently a soft reboot. This is what I am hoping for, as I don't want an actual remake of the original. Maybe they could even do a game with a new type of engine, sort of like how Capcom now uses their successful RE Engine technology for remakes, and whatnot.

My interest in the series never wanted much over the years, but the last few sequels were not that good at all. The handheld one in particular was just awful. To me, it was clear that the absence of Team Silent was really beginning to show.

I liked the third one the most, I think. I really liked the section in the mall. In my opinion, it was the perfect way to end the original trilogy, having Heather defeat Claudia to avenge Harry Mason, and the series needs to be restored to that level of glory somehow.
Weirdly I am watching the silent hill film as we speak haha. I’ve only ever played the first silent hill game and that was a few years back. I hope they do go ahead with the soft reboot as id be interested in getting the game. I’ve always been a fan of the silent hill series as well as resident evil. If they could make an engine like RE has then they could build all future silent hill games off of that. Be good to hear more on the development side of it, hopefully we’ll hear more over the spring/summer season. Do you reckon it will be make it in time for PS5 or will they be going for the PS4?

Thought I'd add Dusk Golem's original tweet from January and the latest from Ito. How exciting!

Yeah.

I don't blame Ito for not wanting to bring back Pyramid Head. He was well suited to 2 because of the theme with James being punished, but when they brought him back needlessly, it felt like the series had gotten repetitive.

Yeah.

I don't blame Ito for not wanting to bring back Pyramid Head. He was well suited to 2 because of the theme with James being punished, but when they brought him back needlessly, it felt like the series had gotten repetitive.

Or they just caving into fan demands too much, not willing to let go of popular icons.

Kind of like Capcom with these remakes that feel like seminal parodies of their games from yesteryear. Did you hear Jill Valentine swearing at Carlos? Really sounded silly.

Let's be glad Konami didn't go the route that Capcom did. But money talks.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back