Question Should smoking be banned in queues?

MicroNort

Trophies
Thanks to Covid-19 we have to do a lot more queueing. Although smoking is banned in shops (UK) and I thought public places, seems that smokers can do as they wish in queues, which I think is unreasonable for non-smokers.

Thoughts?

Yes, I say I agree with this and it should be.

when in queues, you be near other people and children and a lot of people have health issues and if you smoking others can be affected. Not to mention as you are smoking and killing yourself, you are blowing the smoke to other's to breath in and killing them :p

Smoke is BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Still,

I was queuing the other day and A guy back three lines was smoking and one of the staff told him to stop and put it out, It did say no smoking. he had the flip and left LOL

Yes, I say I agree with this and it should be.

when in queues, you be near other people and children and a lot of people have health issues and if you smoking others can be affected. Not to mention as you are smoking and killing yourself, you are blowing the smoke to other's to breath in and killing them :p

Smoke is BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Still,

I was queuing the other day and A guy back three lines was smoking and one of the staff told him to stop and put it out, It did say no smoking. he had the flip and left LOL
More of that kind of thing needs to happen. Love it when smokers get told off for smoking where they shouldn't.

Second hand some is still a problem so I would say yes.. That and that smoke having been in a persons mouth and lungs meana who knows what else is in it..

Absolutely! I've been a queue a few times where others would smoke thinking it's ok to blow it in our faces. It's not only rude but also dangerous to those who suffer from asthma and I'm one of those people who do. It's disgusting to smoke, let along blowing it in others faces. Either smoke in private or don't smoke at all.

Don't go using that to put down people for smoking in general though. It's not a good habit but addiction is a hard factor to ignore.

Smoking should be outlawed completely. The cost of smoking on the NHS is 5 billion £. That's approximately 13% of the annual NHS budget. It's a disgusting habit and incredibly costly to society.

You know big tobacco will never allow that to happen though.

Smoking should be outlawed completely. The cost of smoking on the NHS is 5 billion £. That's approximately 13% of the annual NHS budget. It's a disgusting habit and incredibly costly to society.
I second that.

UK recently banned the sale of Menthol cigarettes. All packages must have health warnings and no branding. Cannot be on display but hidden behind shutters. Things are improving for people and worsening for tobacco companies.

Oh, I hate smokers. My mother is always smoking. I am glad they stopped it in public places. ?

I used to smoke loads but have gone onto using a vape 0 nicotine, would using a vape in a que be the same principle?

I used to smoke loads but have gone onto using a vape 0 nicotine, would using a vape in a que be the same principle?
You can't vape in shops so the same rule applies. Although the smoke is probably less toxic, as a non-smoker, vaping always seems to generate more smoke than cigarettes.

If you're near someone who does not smoke, then you should go far away if possible.

I wouldn't say so. It's literally just vapor, no harm in it and it sure smells good!

I never smoked; don't understand the appeal but can understand the addiction & peer pressure. If people want to smoke, they can do it at their own residence. Same w/ vaping. We were in the store a few months ago & I saw a cloud of I didn't know what it was. I told my husband & he said it was vaping. A young kid was vaping in the store! Vaping is just as bad & I think more so 'cos it seems it's geared towards the younger crowd.

I've never smoked or vaped, but as someone who currently falls into the stereotypical "teens who are vaping" category, I just find it extremely disrespectful walking past secondhand smoke and secondhand vapor clouds.

If I have to stand in a queue and someone is smoking, and I'm inhaling secondhand smoke the entire time, there will be much gnashing of teeth. Quietly.

People who want to smoke can do it in their own residence or in a designated area.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back