Deals Shadow Burglar guide: How to get 100% achievements

JonathanVan

Trophies
The Shadow Burglar game has been available recently. With simple plot and easy control, the indie game is recommended to play if you’re bored and want something quick.

This Shadow Burglar guide will show you how to get 100% performance in the game. Before we begin, keep in mind that this Shadow Burglar achievement guide contains spoilers. Read on at your own risk.

SHADOW BURGLAR INTRODUCTION​

Shadow Burglar is a free but awesome short stealth game.

The game has 2 levels, the first level, Train Station, has only 1 map while the second level, Ship, has 2 maps.

For convenience I will call the first one down nave and the second one up nave.

The levels are fairly linear, with only a few side rooms that usually contain collectibles.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE SHADOW BURGLAR GAME​

shadow_burglar_game_guide_to_get_100_achievements-02-800x450.jpg
Shadow Burglar game guide to get 100% achievements
The game has no saves or chapter selection and must be completed in one session.

Did you exit the game after finishing Train Station?

You have to play it again.

The checkpoints are still there, so if you get caught you don’t have to redo the whole map.

Achievements can be a bit problematic and not unlocking even if you meet the requirements, or vice versa even if you don’t meet the requirements.

If you can’t unlock it, my advice is to close and reopen the Shadow Burglar game.

LEVEL COMPLETION IN SHADOW BURGLAR​

TICKET TO NOWHERE: AWARDED FOR COMPLETING THE FIRST LEVEL​

Related to the story. Must be obtained after completing the Train Station level.

ALL ABOARD: AWARDED FOR COMPLETING THE SECOND LEVEL​

Related to the story. Must be won after completing the ship map and ending the game.

PACIFIST: AWARDED FOR COMPLETING A LEVEL WITHOUT LOWERING A GUARD​

Easy to do at first level.

If William tells you he can handle the guards blocking the way, don’t do that and instead wait for his lantern to light the way and quickly dash past him in your shadow form.

GHOST: AWARDED FOR COMPLETING AN UNDISCOVERED LEVEL​

On the first level it’s easy. You can kill guards and still get these achievements, you don’t have to combine them with Pacifist achievements.

SKILL-RELATED​

In the shadows we thrive: we are rewarded with the study of the art of shadows.

Unlocked by using William’s power to release the guards. There’s a guardian that doesn’t block you right away before being prompted at the start of the first level, but eliminating them doesn’t unlock achievements for me. If you are nearby in the dark, press F.

In the Shadows We Distract: Awarded for learning the art of distraction.

Unlocked with a turntable. Towards the end of the first level there is a prompt to do this and it is almost the only way to pass.

No Mercy: Awarded for removing 10 guards in a game session.

Basically eliminate 10 guards following the same method as We Thrive in the Shadows. It can be on multiple maps, it doesn’t have to be on one level.

SHADOW BURGLAR’S COLLECTIBLES​

shadow_burglar_game_guide_to_get_100_achievements-03-800x450.jpg
There are 4 collectibles in this game, all located in the Ship level.

3 of them in the Lower Ship. The last on the Upper Ship map.

They are marked with lights on in their respective rooms.

None at the Train Station level.

I SEE YOU: REWARDS FOR FINDING COLLECTIBLE GLASSES​

At the beginning of the Lower Ship map, after exiting the baggage room, you will find yourself in a corridor with stairs.

Instead of going upstairs and warning the guards, head to the barracks room on the left. You see the glasses in the trunk with the lights on.

STYLISH THIEF: AWARDED FOR FINDING THE TOP HAT COLLECTIBLE​

Then, you have to pass through a brightly lit corridor and your only option is to teleport to the shadow of the guard.

There will be a wall with 2 teleport points, go there and pass the dining room.

The top hat was on the chair by the light.

TIME IS MONEY: AWARDED FOR FINDING THE POCKET WATCH COLLECTIBLE​

Then go through the dark corridor.

On the right is a room with many barrels and sacks.

The pocket watch is located in the trunk with the light on.

When Jean says the sequence of pictures below is too far, go back to the previous corridor.

FILM NOIR: AWARDED FOR FINDING THE CAMERA COLLECTIBLE​

The only collectible on the Upper Ship map.

Where you start, you will face a bright room, behind a sailor.

Enter the room and the camera will be on the table by the fireplace, again with the light on.

COLLECTOR: AWARDED FOR FINDING ALL COLLECTIBLES​

You will be rewarded if you collect all collectibles.

Not sure if it should be in performance or not but no big deal as it’s really easy to find.

This might be a buggy, I opened it after taking out my pocket watch before it even reached the nave.

SECRET MODE​

shadow_burglar_game_guide_to_get_100_achievements-04-800x450.jpg
Konami Code: Awarded for unlocking the secret mode.

Basically, enter the Konami code in the main menu.

This is a famous input.

USING THE ARROW KEYS​

If you’re using a keyboard, use the arrow keys to press up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A.

Or replace arrow keys with WASD if it doesn’t work.

If you do it correctly, you will hear a soft ringing sound.

USING AN XBOX OR PLAYSTATION CONTROLLER​

If you’re using an Xbox controller, these are all the same buttons.

However, if you’re using a PlayStation controller, replace the B-A with the O-X, which is the same as the B-A on the Xbox controller.

Achievements can be bugged and are not unlocked even after pressing the right button.

The solution is to click with the mouse on the Shadow Burglar logo in the main menu and use the arrow keys to enter.

Sounds are playable and will continue to play even after unlocking achievements.

The developer says it unlocks some secrets, but the only thing I noticed was the badly drawn Jean on the home screen.

If you see any other differences, please let me know and I’ll update the guide! Thanks for reading.

Shadow Burglar is released on 1 Mar, 2022 on Steam and you can play it for free.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back