Self-imposed rules in video games

Kaynil

Newcomer
Trophies
So, I was playing Bravely Default today and I was basically letting party members die and then reviving them strategically in order to make them catch up with one another and have them all have a similar amount of experience so they all levelled up after the same one battle. That got me thinking just how often I do this pointless grinding just because it is a mild annoyance for me that the characters are far apart in their required experience points. I tend to do this even if I don't get the party in one go.

Another self-imposed rule is an arbitrary number of repeats I can get with items ina game with limits. I rather sell items before reaching the limit as to not waste the possibility of making a bit of extra money, but I am still a big hoarder.

How about you? Do you have any rules you tend to follow but that have never been explicitly told by a game you had to do it like that? Things that you won't feel tranquil if you are not doing them like that. Any funny stories?

back in the day, or now really, I try and do grinds in short bursts, like a few minutes here, a few there. Just to avoid any long grind sessions, as they get extremely tedious.

I am definitely imposing new rules on myself. The reason being my health was damaged a lot during that time due to too much couch gaming.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back