Scotland's chief medical officer resigns going against her own social distancing advice coronavirus pandemic

Maddox

Trophies
BREAKING: Scottish medical chief Catherine Calderwood has apologised for going against her own social distancing advice during the #coronavirus pandemic.

She said: "What I did was wrong. I'm very sorry. It will not happen again."

BREAKING: Scotland's chief medical officer has been given a warning about her future conduct by police after she visited her second home in Fife

Dr Calderwood issued her resignation, and in a written statement said: "I am deeply sorry for my actions and the mistakes I have made"

Scotland's chief medical officer has resigned after making two trips to her second home during the coronavirus lockdown. Dr Catherine Calderwood had apologised for her actions, and initially said she planned to continue in the role, but Dr Calderwood released a statement later on Sunday saying she had quit.

Dr Calderwood had earlier been given a police warning for breaking the lockdown rules after visiting Earlsferry in Fife - more than an hour's drive from her main family home in Edinburgh.

The chief medical officer had fronted TV and radio adverts urging the public to stay at home to save lives and protect the NHS, and took part in daily televised media briefings alongside Ms Sturgeon.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back