Rocket League will end support on Mac and Linux in March

rocket-league-header-season-6.jpg

Developer Psyonix has announced Rocket League will be ending their support on Mac and Linux in March.

Psyonix on Reddit:
Rocket League is an evolving game, and part of that evolution is keeping our game client up to date with modern features. As part of that evolution, we’ll be updating our Windows version from 32-bit to 64-bit later this year, as well as updating to DirectX 11 from DirectX 9.”
“There are multiple reasons for this change, but the primary one is that there are new types of content and features we’d like to develop, but cannot support on DirectX 9. This means when we fully release DX11 on Windows, we’ll no longer support DX9 as it will be incompatible with future content. Unfortunately, our macOS and Linux native clients depend on our DX9 implementation for their OpenGL renderer to function. When we stop supporting DX9, those clients stop working.”

Those who have purchased the game on either platform will be entitled to a Steam refund. You will need to follow the following steps:
  • Go to the Steam Support website
  • Select Purchases
  • Select Rocket League (you may need to select “View complete purchasing history” to see it)
  • Select I would like a refund, then I’d like to request a refund
  • From the Reason dropdown menu, select My issue isn’t listed
  • In notes, write Please refund my Mac/Linux version of Rocket League, Psyonix will be discontinuing support

Head to Mac M1 games for more games on Mac devices.

Rocket League is still available on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Windows PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P Rocket League Mac
20?? - 2020

It's a shame to see it go. I always wanted to play it on my Mac, but I never had the chance to. Now I'm too late on the Mac front, but there's always my PS4 and PC to fall back on whenever I want to play Rocket League.

I think they may come back through the istore for the app platform like that iOS. Where they may have chance to make money.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back