News Rocket League celebrates five years with a free-to-play summer update

Clout

Trophies
It feels like it was just yesterday when Rocket League launched on PlayStation as a PlayStation Plus title. We were overwhelmed by the love (and number of players) who hit the field and played the high-octane hybrid of driving and soccer. Now, five years later, we’re ready to start the next chapter of Rocket League. It all starts when it goes free to play this summer!

Rocket League will be completely free to download and enjoy later this summer following the game’s biggest update yet. In this update, the menus will be overhauled to make them easier to navigate, and major features will receive key improvements like Tournaments and Challenges. Stay tuned for more information on these feature updates, as there’s a lot to reveal!

Whether you’ve been playing Rocket League from day one or you just picked it up this year, you won’t have to worry about losing your inventory. Your items will follow you to the free to play update. Plus, anyone who has played Rocket League online before the launch of free to play will be rewarded with Legacy status, which includes:

• All Rocket League-branded DLC packs released before free to play
  • “Est. 20XX” title that displays the first year you played Rocket League
  • 200+ Common items upgraded to “Legacy” quality
  • Golden Cosmos Boost
  • Dieci-Oro Wheels
  • Huntress Player Banner

Bump.

I am one of the people that picked up RL after it became free to play and it's amazing. I am currently Gold and looking for teammates!

Bump.

I am one of the people that picked up RL after it became free to play and it's amazing. I am currently Gold and looking for teammates!
I was a bit of a late fan too. What console do you play it on?

Started on the Switch, and now moved to PC. It makes a big difference ngl.
Ahh, I got it on the Xbox. It didn't even know it's on the Switch but I'd imagine it doesn't play as good as on console or PC.

Ahh, I got it on the Xbox. It didn't even know it's on the Switch but I'd imagine it doesn't play as good as on console or PC.
It's all right, it's not that bad. But PC is better.

Do you still play?

It's all right, it's not that bad. But PC is better.

Do you still play?
Sometimes. It depends if any of my friends are online. How often do you play it?

I’ve had the game for quite some time, it’s awesome! Even though I suck at it lol.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back