RIP Andrew 'Greedy' Smith of Mental As Anything!

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
RIP to a brilliant Aussie singer and songwriter, and 2009 ARIA Hall of Fame inductee.

He was a co-lead singer and keyboardist with the band Mental As Anything, best known outside of Australia for the song "Live it Up", made popular after its use in the film Crocodile Dundee. But the group had so many hits in their native land.

It's great to watch all these videos that the owner of nzoz1985 (etc) has uploaded to his channels over the years. Also, RIP Stuart Fraser from Noiseworks, who recently passed away after suffering from cancer. May their brilliant music live on forever!

??

R.I.P to the both of them. Cancer is never pleasant.

xenonVirus. Tributes don't have to be long to be meaningful.

Cold Chisel are one of the best Australian bands, in my opinion. Their lead singer Jimmy Barnes was born in Glasgow, Scotland. Funnily enough though, he's kind of a one-hit wonder in the UK like most Aussie artists are, other than the super famous ones like Kylie Minogue and all that.

He did a duet with INXS, which was a cover of a song by the Easybeats, and it appears on The Lost Boys soundtrack. Yet in Australia, he's had like 10 solo #1 albums and 3 with Cold Chisel before they disbanded. Despite all the hits he has achieved, he only had one #1 single in Australia, back in 1987. He has a brother called John "Swanee" Swan, who was with a group called the Party Boys with the former bassist of Status Quo, who are huge in Britain.

Ian Moss (the group's guitarist) had a #1 with a song called "Tucker's Daughter" on the Kent Music Report chart, around the time the ARIA chart started up, but they recognize it as being a #2 hit.

I also like Dragon, Sherbet, Skyhooks, Gang Gajang, Little River Band, Men At Work, Pseudo Echo, The Reels, and Models.

This video is kind of creepy, yet the lyrics are so clever...

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back