Resident Evil Village thoughts thread...

Yeah. I got beyond the castle section, and I must say, it's nothing like the RE games of old. I'm getting ready to go to the dark house with the dolls outside.

There's some familiar exploration based gameplay. For example, you run around a castle that reminds you of the mansion a little because it has a main hallway and a stairwell. And there's masks you must find, to unlock a door. So it's kind of the same. But the story is absolutely convuluted and nothing like RE whatsoever. I just found out that one of the later locations you can visit, is a factory that is manufacturing these robot things. Like, what!?

This feels like a fantasy game that has the RE name backing it. But it's not unenjoyable by any means. More so just laughable. Although come a year or so from now, nobody is going to care. It's not worthy of the RE title because it's just utter nonsense, and has no correlation with anything. Even at the start, they have this Tim Burton type animated scene. ?

Werewolves. Vampires. A dragon type thing. A puppet. Zombie looking things with swords. And yes, werewolves can ride horses now. Like... uh! ?

Yeah. I got beyond the castle section, and I must say, it's nothing like the RE games of old. I'm getting ready to go to the dark house with the dolls outside.

There's some familiar exploration based gameplay. For example, you run around a castle that reminds you of the mansion a little because it has a main hallway and a stairwell. And there's masks you must find, to unlock a door. So it's kind of the same. But the story is absolutely convuluted and nothing like RE whatsoever. I just found out that one of the later locations you can visit, is a factory that is manufacturing these robot things. Like, what!?

This feels like a fantasy game that has the RE name backing it. But it's not unenjoyable by any means. More so just laughable. Although come a year or so from now, nobody is going to care. It's not worthy of the RE title because it's just utter nonsense, and has no correlation with anything. Even at the start, they have this Tim Burton type animated scene. ?

Werewolves. Vampires. A dragon type thing. A puppet. Zombie looking things with swords. And yes, werewolves can ride horses now. Like... uh! ?
Werewolves riding horses? :eek: Sounds like madness to me. I'd still give it a go to see what the fuss is all about.

Apparently, they stole ideas from a movie made by a Dutch film producer. He thinks he deserved some recognition from Capcom. However, I often said that they like to copy ideas from other things, and pretend it's a tribute. ?

It makes them money I suppose. Thanks for sharing the article, it was a great read!

I think Ethan was hallucinating because of breathing in spores from plants. At least that's what I was reading about. So the baby was perhaps the area's boss enemy in the form of this thing. ?

I did enjoy the game, but I think Capcom needs to go back to concerning themselves with characters like Claire and so on, and bring back some of the original bioweapons that the series started with. You know? There's a lot of them, but these included Hunters, Tyrants, Lickers, and of course, don't forget the most important one of all. ZOMBIES! ?

I think Ethan was hallucinating because of breathing in spores from plants. At least that's what I was reading about. So the baby was perhaps the area's boss enemy in the form of this thing. ?

I did enjoy the game, but I think Capcom needs to go back to concerning themselves with characters like Claire and so on, and bring back some of the original bioweapons that the series started with. You know? There's a lot of them, but these included Hunters, Tyrants, Lickers, and of course, don't forget the most important one of all. ZOMBIES! ?
Did you finish the game already then? Is it lacking zombies? I felt like there weren’t many in the TLOU and would have liked it to at least have been swarmed with it.

I am still waiting on the DLC, but I think it's kind of sad how fanboys think this is the way Capcom should take the RE franchise ahead.

I was bored earlier, so I played RE6. Oh, boy. That game is trash.

They actually tried to base everything off of the third Gears of War title. It's sad that a franchise that used to be horrifying and atmospheric, ended up like that some 10 years after the remake came out.

It's just gonna get worse. So I think I'm done with RE now. Good riddance, too.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back