Resident Evil Village is not Resident Evil 8, says Capcom

resident-evil-village-is-not-resident-evil-8-says-capcom.jpg

Resident Evil Village is not Resident Evil 8, Capcom has recently declared.

In last week's Weekly Famitsu (via Kotaku), Producers Tsuyoshi Kanda and Peter Fabiano said that the title would skip a number altogether despite serving as a sequel to Resident Evil 7 — or in Capcom’s naming convention Resident Evil 7 Biohazard.

When Capcom was asked why Village wasn’t called Resident Evil 8 or even Resident Evil 8 Village, Capcom replied:
You could call the actual Village another character in the game, and we did that because we would like players to understand that.

Capcom was later asked about potential abbreviations, it replied:
There isn’t really an official abbreviation, but we’d just be happy if you remembered Village.

We’ll keep you updated on Resident Evil Village when we learn more. The title heads to PS5, Xbox Series X and Windows PC in 2021.

The first four letters are still highlighted as the Roman numerals for eight, so I guess it's still technically the eighth game. Although not really, considering the many side story games. CVX is the real RE4. ?

You can't tell me the name "Village" was randomly pick, c'mon. It's even in the title. I wonder why they're saying such things...

I kind of guessed that assuming they made some of the references of witches, cult and the paranoid attackers. It seemed like different game from the start. I guess we are going to see some really good new tangent version of the resident evil stories this way.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back