News Resident Evil Village coming to PS5, Xbox Series X, PC in 2021

Well, I don't mean that. I meant the crafting system, general story, particularly with the Barry and Natalia scenes, and the DLC set in the winter with Moira and Evgeny. Just felt too obvious to me that Capcom cut and paste a fair chunk of Naughty Dog's game into their own. But it's certainly the best RE game of the last decade, at least in my opinion.

I'd have to say the DLC set does have the input gathered from other games in similar genre. I think in fact some of the scenes are taken in that context as you say. Though I'd be surprised on what they have did added in the village considering the southern vibe is pretty strong there too.

If we're going to pay over £600 for the PS5, then they better have games that live up to the hype. I kind of hate how companies hire these shills and give them a fat pay check to say this and this and this about a game, you finally play it upon its release, and it's nothing but meh level material. Also, some trailers are misleading as all hell too. I'm talking about you, Naughty Dog!

Anyway, nobody wants characters they love to have to die off for shock value, but throughout the course of the history of Resident Evil in particular, they make out characters survive through just about anything, and it's so cheesy with the forced Michael Bay-style stunts, because it's also kind of why the series lost its nightmarish edge. That's kind of dumb. They should try to introduce new characters that aren't bland and relatable, and feel like fish out of water personnel that were one day going about their life, and ended up in some hellish place. These Hollywood heroic types have tarnished the fright factor. By using the main heroes over and over again as a marketing ploy, the games stopped being what they were like around 2003 (during the era's golden age).

Introducing somebody like Ethan Winters was a good start, but by God. Is that man just so plaintive? How can you like a guy you never see up close at all? In fact, I think you only get a glimpse of his face in the water before you play as Mia, and I believe one other time, as a hallucination. His face is not clearly shown, though. I'm just not able to truly care about a character that doesn't really show himself, as it's in a first person perspective, which although cool, isn't really what the series should be.

All that said, I can't wait to hear more about RE8 in August. Or just "RE: Village" as Capcom is promoting it as these days.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back