News Resident Evil Village coming to PS5, Xbox Series X, PC in 2021

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
Now that the game has been confirmed, please disregard the other threads.

I do not have time to say much just now, as I am busy today. However, the story looks great, and is anyone else glad that Chris Redfield has been improved?

^_^

Yes, it does. ?

I am glad they are connecting this to Revelations 2, which was kind of like a spin off. Alex Wesker was the main villain in that game, and I thought it was highly enjoyable. More so than even RE6.

Barry Burton was playable, and the game also included Claire Redfield.

Personally, I got tons of The Last of Us vibes in it as well. The crafting system was quite similar, as was the story. But it was in my opinion, also better than RE7. Not that RE7 is particularly bad, or anything. So it's going to be quite interesting to see where Capcom takes the franchise going forward!

Oh, and I also hope we get to 'see' Ethan Winters as opposed to just his bloody hand. Like, show us his face, damn it. ?

Hopefully it ends up being good, people have been cautious on the series of late.

RE3 sucks. RE8 looks to be 1000 times better. Although I cannot say I am very big on first person shooter games. ?

The game has this souther american feel to it. Witches, cult, hill billies, old gysser with gun and other things that you can stereotypically associate with the south. All are there. And it seems like story is going to be pretty good in the trails. Looking forward to it.

The game has this souther american feel to it. Witches, cult, hill billies, old gysser with gun and other things that you can stereotypically associate with the south. All are there. And it seems like story is going to be pretty good in the trails. Looking forward to it.

Yeah that's why I get the Resi 4 vibe. I'm so excited!!!

Not sure about the supernatural tone. The creatures in the RE universe are typically spawning via viral outbreaks. ?

Not sure about the supernatural tone. The creatures in the RE universe are typically spawning via viral outbreaks. ?
Yeah but the trailer gives you vibes of typical horror from the southern american movies. Like say some hillbilly going mad and shooting stuff. And also witches in south in remote places. There are countless books, movies and the one shot found footage is out there on such premise.

Sometimes, things in trailers aren't as they seem. I doubt that Chris is truly "evil" now. More like, the guy caught wind of something bad, and had to do his job. One theory going around is that Ethan's wife Mia could have been showing signs of her previous infection, causing him to react with hostility.

Sometimes, things in trailers aren't as they seem. I doubt that Chris is truly "evil" now. More like, the guy caught wind of something bad, and had to do his job. One theory going around is that Ethan's wife Mia could have been showing signs of her previous infection, causing him to react with hostility.
Her infection signs are kind of visible but I am not sure about Chris completely going evil mode. I guess not even trailer implied that or maybe I missed something. But a good revamp on his part they did.

Yes, it does. ?

I am glad they are connecting this to Revelations 2, which was kind of like a spin off. Alex Wesker was the main villain in that game, and I thought it was highly enjoyable. More so than even RE6.

Barry Burton was playable, and the game also included Claire Redfield.

Personally, I got tons of The Last of Us vibes in it as well. The crafting system was quite similar, as was the story. But it was in my opinion, also better than RE7. Not that RE7 is particularly bad, or anything. So it's going to be quite interesting to see where Capcom takes the franchise going forward!

Oh, and I also hope we get to 'see' Ethan Winters as opposed to just his bloody hand. Like, show us his face, damn it. ?
I think its silly when people call Revelations 2 an spin off because Capcom randomly decided to name a separate series.
Alex was introduced in RE5, REv2 follows that one more than RE6.

The Revelations games are main line, just like Code Veronica they follow the same gameplay formula and characters there is no such thing as spin off only villains.

RE0->RE1->RE2=RE3->Code Veronica->RE4>Rev1->RE5->Rev2->RE6->RE7->RE8

Who said this one isn't a virus outbreak? ?

But if the twist was the werewolves are work of the devil that would be awesome wouldn't it

I said it was considered as a spin off. Even Wikipedia used to count it as a mainline entry, which it's arguably not. But I think it is, personally.

I said it was considered as a spin off. Even Wikipedia used to count it as a mainline entry, which it's arguably not. But I think it is, personally.
Im afraid labeling an spin off makes people think these games are lower quality or have a different gameplay system or less important story, wich isn't the case at all imo.
I don't think that was Capcom's intention at all when making Revelations, and Rev2 even had the same director as 5 and REmake2 behind it, lots of fans didn't played Rev2 because they thought it was a low quality spin off but these games are much more important than they think, with the director of Rev1 moved on to 7 and 8 thanks to its favorable reception.
Im not talking about you especifically but its something i have seen before and it bothers me ?

I think Revelations 2 copied the story and gameplay from The Last of Us. But did you know RE8 was originally proposed as Revelations 3? ?

I don't really think too highly of Ethan Winters, because he's just a guy you never see up close. Even in RE8, I cannot see that changing. RE7 also didn't feel like a RE game for the most part, but I have grown to like it more than I did at first. With that said, kudos to Capcom for doing away with that 'shemp' "Redfield" after 3 years. ?

I can't wait for August. There's supposed to be further news then. ?

Never thought Revealations to be copy of the last of us, I mean LOU is more or less forceful LGBTQ torch bearer game if I am not wrong. I guess a lot of games were cross copied if we think of it that way.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back