Resident Evil reboot movie shows off Raccoon City in new photos

resident-evil-reboot-movie-rpd.jpg

Resident Evil reboot movie shows off Raccoon City in a new set of photos that look similar to what’s been presented in Capcom’s series of games.

Besides the gates of the Raccoon City Police Department seen above, additional photos show Raccoon City’s street signs and what many believe to be the front entrance of the RPD.

The RPD looks similar to the police station shown in Resident Evil 2 and 3, in both the original and recently released versions.

Resident Evil reboot movie will separate itself from the series of motion pictures that starred as Alice, and will instead star Kaya Scodelario (Maze Runner) as Claire Redfield, Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man) as Jill Valentine, Robbie Amell (Upload) as Chris Redfield, Tom Hopper (The Umbrella Academy) as Wesker , Avan Jogia (Zombieland Double Tap) as Leon Kennedy and Neal McDonough (Yellowstone) as William Birkin. It will also contain the events of both Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2.

Not to sound like a hater or anything, but Capcom has milked this series for FAR too long. They have some infatuation with the franchise's golden age. They are always returning to the year 1998. Personally, I reckon that the cash cow is losing its delicious milk at this stage, or it's becoming powder.

Now, I fully understand that the franchise more or less peaked during that time period, both in the real world and in the overall timeline established in the lore as a whole. But instead of retreading plot aspects that we've seen multiple times before, they should attempt something new, in a different time period, as well as basing it in another place entirely unrelated to Raccoon City.

There's so much that they could be trying, that they just aren't doing for some reason. :p

Last edited:
I still really like the first film. Saw it in high school, it was a good night and surprisingly good, as every single video game movie to that point was nearly unwatchable - unless doing so ironically.

I hope they get back to that vibe and toned down zombies. The movies really kept pushing the limits into weird areas after that.

Well, I didn't particularly dislike the films, but I was never overly into them. The CGI films though, are great. In fact, they are related to the games. They are a part of that universe. But like I so often say, Capcom should try to move beyond 1998 now.

That they keep churning out more games and stuff that takes place in that era, despite Raccoon City being long gone, gets kind of irritating. That's just my oponion, though. Nobody has to agree. :p

So Alice isn't coming back? Meh.

The Paul Anderson movies are okay if viewed as their 'own thing', I suppose. One thing that disappoints people is that "they're not like the games" when, in fact, RE4 copied the laser corridor. But check out the animated movies. They are awesome.

But... I am still the toughest RE boss. ?

I mean the series has quite a following. The first is still the best of the bunch though, and I’ve only seen 2 lol. I know there are way more than that.

In Capcom's eyes... 1998 IS FOREVER! ?

You don't shoot a cow that still makes your company a lot of delicious milk. ?

Some of the audio cut out, due to my connection.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back